• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

14 hours ago, NJHalo said:

So two of you disagree with retaliation. 

What would your response have been? Nothing?

Obama did nothing. Who do you think respected him for that? The US armed forces? They know their leader does not have their back. Did the Iranians gain respect for him? We just humiliated the US Navy, and they did nothing to respond except continue to give us money. 

How are we giving them money?

I work withthe US armed forces. My anecdotal evidence tells me Obama is slightly more respected than Bush, but then again, I work for the Air Force. 

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

2 hours ago, Glen said:

How are we giving them money?

I work withthe US armed forces. My anecdotal evidence tells me Obama is slightly more respected than Bush, but then again, I work for the Air Force. 

Thank you for your service Glen.

The question was not to compare BHO to GWB, it was about respect from around the world. 

It was also, what would you have done in response to the Iranian navy using our capured sailors in propoganda films? 

I have been criticized for my opinion, but no one has said what they would have done. So I have to assume that means do nothing.

2 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

<sigh>  it was their money. Saying that we're "giving" it to them is misleading. I expect that type of nonsense from some on the right but I would hope that independents wouldn't fall for it.

Either way Iran is benefiting 

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

If we're going to freeze every dollar that might end up going to a group on our terrorist list then we'll pretty much end currency exchange on the planet.

There is a big difference between your statement, and specific dollars that go to one, if not The biggest supporter of terrorism. One that has sworn to wipe one of our closest allies off the map.

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

There is a big difference between your statement, and specific dollars that go to one, if not The biggest supporter of terrorism. One that has sworn to wipe one of our closest allies off the map.

Or you could choose to call them the primary supplier of front line fighers against IS. You might consider that all the sanctions did was help the hardliners consolidate power. 

Ann Coulter Calls Asian-American People "Mandarins" — and Insists She's Correct

I am confused on this one.  Used to be, if they spoke Mandarin, like one of the several different dialects of Chinese, you would refer to them as Mandarin Chinese.  Calling them specifically Mandarins instead of Chinese Americans or Asian Americans, I just don't see the racial injustice?  Maybe since I'm not Chinese I don't get it.  I do think Tibetans would have problems calling them Chinese.  But in my case, if you call someone Okinawan instead of Japanese American, I would not think it's a slight on Asian Americans or Japanese Americans.