• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

One thing ill give trump credit for, his riots are getting me some overtime.

Not even gonna begin to put into words how stupid some of those people are. Im all for protests...but holy sh*t, dont do it like a jackass, and have a decent understanding of what youre fighting against.

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

One thing ill give trump credit for, his riots are getting me some overtime.

Not even gonna begin to put into words how stupid some of those people are. Im all for protests...but holy sh*t, dont do it like a jackass, and have a decent understanding of what youre fighting against.

Rioting does not equal protesting. One of them is a crime

Is anyone buying what the conservative media is trying to sell - that the rise of Trump is Obama's fault? Apparently they say it's because he's weak and that world leaders don't respect him. Or that he's a liberal with a Trump-sized ego. Or that he's too politically correct. Are those things really what's fueling all this extreme opposition? Obama has his fair share of blame but I'm just not seeing the connection on this one.

6 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

Is anyone buying what the conservative media is trying to sell - that the rise of Trump is Obama's fault? Apparently they say it's because he's weak and that world leaders don't respect him. Or that he's a liberal with a Trump-sized ego. Or that he's too politically correct. Are those things really what's fueling all this extreme opposition? Obama has his fair share of blame but I'm just not seeing the connection on this one.

It doesn't matter if it's Fox News or CNBC, there is no way to spin it. World leaders of the major players do not respect him.

Putin/Russia: laughs at him and shows no respect to his wishes. Has their jets buzzing our naval ships without repercussion.

Iran: Gets Obama to give them billions to indirectly fund terrorism. Holds our navy ship and sailors as prisoners. Uses film of the sailors being held as propaganda. Totally against Geneva Convention. A President with balls would have never allowed this. There should have been a few cruise missiles launched against the Iranian navy as soon as the sailors were out of harms way.

Israel: See above (Iran) . BHO has burned almost every bridge with our closest ally in the region. Can't get along with Netanyahu.

North Korea: Kim Jong Un defies anything the US says without consequence

Syria: Obama draws line in the sand regarding the use of chemical weapons, then does nothing

Iraq: Announces withdrawal date of US forces, pretty much laying out the welcome mat for ISIS.

ISIS: Makes a decree to the world that they are the JV Team

Libya: Allows US diplomatic compound to be attacked, and dismisses it as a parade gone out of control. No response.

China: Allowed to piss all over the US economy

The list goes on. But wait, he is respected by Mexico because he is sending thousands of jobs there, as well as American big business. Oh, lets not forget the Castro boys in Cuba. Lots of respect for going there and doing the wave.

As the POTUS, he gets most of the blame, but some of that blame should go to his Sec of State....whoever that was.

Edited by NJHalo

8 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

Perhaps a bit in the eyes of the conservatives? I think they see Obama as a patsy for leaders like Putin, even if the sanctions and cratering of the fuel prices (if the US played a role) have been a rather effective stick against Russia. But yeah the most obvious answer to the question of the reason for Trump's accession would be the sad and pathetic Republican candidates that ran against him. Cruz was 2nd among them for God's sake!

14 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Iran: Gets Obama to give them billions to indirectly fund terrorism. Holds our navy ship and sailors as prisoners. Uses film of the sailors being held as propaganda. Totally against Geneva Convention. A President with balls would have never allowed this. There should have been a few cruise missiles launched against the Iranian navy as soon as the sailors were out of harms way.

Several things that I would take issue with but this takes the cake. That is pretty much advocating for starting a war. Definitely at odds with the right if this is what they infer to when they chant, "We need to show more strength." That kind of a reaction is a big part of the reason why there are so many former Republicans who are now Libertarians.

That whole rant is right in line with what the conservative media tells their audience. Stoking all that anger probably has more to do than anything else for the rise of Trump, Cruz, the Tea Party, etc. But they're definitely not alone. The liberal media is just as responsible for why this country is so divided.

You're supporting Trump, right? I could be wrong but I think you were the one who came in here last year and complained about Megyn Kelly's question after the first debate.

10 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

Several things that I would take issue with but this takes the cake. That is pretty much advocating for starting a war. Definitely at odds with the right if this is what they infer to when they chant, "We need to show more strength." That kind of a reaction is a big part of the reason why there are so many former Republicans who are now Libertarians.

That whole rant is right in line with what the conservative media tells their audience. Stoking all that anger probably has more to do than anything else for the rise of Trump, Cruz, the Tea Party, etc. But they're definitely not alone. The liberal media is just as responsible for why this country is so divided.

You're supporting Trump, right? I could be wrong but I think you were the one who came in here last year and complained about Megyn Kelly's question after the first debate.

So you are OK with the way our sailors were used as pawns? You feel no need to retaliate? 

That is why Obama is not respected. He lets 3rd World countries piss all over us without retribution. This empowers other countries to do the same, and then the snowball grows and picks up size as it rolls down the hill. 

11 hours ago, NJHalo said:

So you are OK with the way our sailors were used as pawns? You feel no need to retaliate? 

That is why Obama is not respected. He lets 3rd World countries piss all over us without retribution. This empowers other countries to do the same, and then the snowball grows and picks up size as it rolls down the hill. 

I know that some on the right were furious about it but I don't think it was worth killing Iranian soldiers. We already have Sunni fundamentalists planning attacks against us. We don't need Shiite fundies doing the same.

1 hour ago, InsideThePark said:

I know that some on the right were furious about it but I don't think it was worth killing Iranian soldiers. We already have Sunni fundamentalists planning attacks against us. We don't need Shiite fundies doing the same.

I respect your opinion, but disagree.

I believe that quietly and precisely sinking the ship that took the prisoners is a measured response. No need to make a public statement about it.  They will know who did it, and so will everyone else.

So two of you disagree with retaliation. 

What would your response have been? Nothing?

Obama did nothing. Who do you think respected him for that? The US armed forces? They know their leader does not have their back. Did the Iranians gain respect for him? We just humiliated the US Navy, and they did nothing to respond except continue to give us money. 

I still will never get the support for all of these middle east actions.

They were perfectly content to blow each other up until we got involved.  First Bush1 in order to defend our oil interests goes to Iraq, then Clinton spent a large amount of time lobbing cruise missiles there, then Bush2 with Iraq and Afghanistan and now Obama in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.  They are all losing battles too.  It is like Captain America and Hydra, chop off one head and three more grow back.  I guarantee you all that as soon as ISIS falls another group just like them will move in.  In the mean time we are losing tons of American $ and lives.

And don't give me some bullshit about being the worlds police and being moral... there are far worse things happening in Africa and have happened in Asia that we have ignored.