• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

10 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

When I was traveling in the UK, there was a gun death in the country - one - and it made the national news.

Yes, but please keep in mind that people are just as able to kill another human without a gun. The murder rates are EXACTLY the same. 

Rope, candlestick, dagger, wrench and  lead pipe murders are so common there that nobody even pays attention to them anymore.

You need to think a little more critically, VHF.

• Replies 49.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

11 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

It outlived its original purpose at least 100 years ago. I have no issue with people having weapons for home defense, and I'm not am one of the "take all of the guns" crowd. However, for far too long it has been easier to get a firearm than it is to get a car. There are also weapons in civilian hands that have no business being there. They serve no legitimate purpose for personal use, and anyone who believes that they are going to hold the government at bay with them, well, good luck with that.

I have to admit that it is tempting to live somewhere where there is far less proliferation of guns, and less obsession with the gun culture. When I was traveling in the UK, there was a gun death in the country - one - and it made the national news. Here, they can't even report all that take place in a given city because it would take up the entire news broadcast. Not a lot of mass shootings in Canada, either.

San Francisco awaits you

2 hours ago, junkorama said:

Yes, but please keep in mind that people are just as able to kill another human without a gun. The murder rates are EXACTLY the same. 

Rope, candlestick, dagger, wrench and  lead pipe murders are so common there that nobody even pays attention to them anymore.

Sandy Hook, Columbine, Orlando, El Paso...I think critically just fine.

3 hours ago, junkorama said:

toronto raptors applause GIF

4 hours ago, junkorama said:

I hate you so much

5 hours ago, junkorama said:

And then there's the death by a thousand paper cuts.  Brutal.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

I felt like Rally was up to something. No... not a western guy

Well, they pretty much start off with some guy riding into town and seeing that it's all bought up by one man that's the mayor and he runs everything and everyone.

Now, he's just here for some whiskey and a shave then all hell breaks loose when he walks into the saloon and the piano player stops playing and everyone starts squinting, then there's some gun play and the Sherrif has to decide if the guy dead on the floor drew first and before you know it an attractive brunette stands up for the new guy and that pisses off the mayor because he wanted to bang her but her daddy, that owns the last best plot of land with water rights, doesn't want her to marry him, so shit gets real and the mayor kills dad then sends his bandana wearing band to come after the lone cowboy that evades their trap and guns them all down, none of which he shoots in the back. 

Eventually he has a showdown with the Boss Mayor and puts him in the grave, marries the brunette, inherits the most valuable piece of property, runs for mayor and after the credits roll the whole thing starts over again with lone cowboy becoming Boss Mayor and women are being raped again, town drunks humiliated and puppies kicked in broad daylight. 

So, localized government sucks until, of course, the Marshall comes to clean up the town. But that's the sequel.