• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

6 hours ago, nate said:

Only the members of the committee holding the deposition.  Like every other hearing and deposition being held by a congressional committee.  It is nothing new.

Also, seeing as it was being held in a SCIF, it must have been discussing some sort of classified information which from my understanding is not something normally disseminated to large groups at once.

This was just a stunt to intimidate and disrupt the process.

The whole deposition thing is because some of them would not appear for a hearing at the request of the Committee.  Depositions have different rules and one is that the hearings must be closed.  Since this was the Intelligence Committee, it is not unusual to have a closed hearing.  If this was just a regular hearing and not a deposition the whole process would be telecast and any congressman, news reporter or member of the public could attend but obviously only the Committee members could ask questions.  

8 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

It's not their committee

I prefer to think of it as our Committee (as a voting citizen) which just happens to have a Democratic Chairman and a Democratic majority.  Again my point is that polling on whether an impeachment should proceed will just yield misleading results until both sides get their respective chances to present the facts.  

7 minutes ago, LAAMike said:

I prefer to think of it as our Committee (as a voting citizen) which just happens to have a Democratic Chairman and a Democratic majority.  Again my point is that polling on whether an impeachment should proceed will just yield misleading results until both sides get their respective chances to present the facts.  

The Republicans have a chance to present their facts, they are in the hearings too. They can present their "side" of the story to the press and media, they just chose not to. 

8 hours ago, tennischmp said:

The Republicans have a chance to present their facts, they are in the hearings too. They can present their "side" of the story to the press and media, they just chose not to. 

I do not believe that that is true.  On TV John Ratcliff, who supposedly asked questions of Bill Taylor that considerably weakened his statement, said he could not disclose these questions/answers due to Committee rules.  I then read in the NY Times article that Bill Taylor could not cite any direct conversations or emails that supported his statement that quid pro quo occurred.  Second hand or hearsay should not decide this question.  The people that Bill Taylor said were supposedly his sources will have to testify to clear this up

10 hours ago, LAAMike said:

Bear in mind that Republicans sit on the three committees and have participated in all the depositions. The lawmakers who descended on the secure room where the committees have been meeting were not members of those panels; instead, they argued that they were trying to expose what they deemed a “sham.”

They brought cell phones into the room, when they weren't even allowed to be there themselves, especially not with cell phones. It is a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility, SCIF...

It's no different than other committee inquiry,  they happen all the time when only committee members are allowed, if you knew anything about how congress works you would know this. Eventually once all the evidence has been collected, it will be brought to the full house for discussions and voted upon, before being sent to the Senate. Republican Rep Gaetz knows this and is just grandstanding for his Master Trump by trying to change the rules of parliament procedure...

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

7 hours ago, LAAMike said:

I do not believe that that is true.  On TV John Ratcliff, who supposedly asked questions of Bill Taylor that considerably weakened his statement, said he could not disclose these questions/answers due to Committee rules.  I then read in the NY Times article that Bill Taylor could not cite any direct conversations or emails that supported his statement that quid pro quo occurred.  Second hand or hearsay should not decide this question.  The people that Bill Taylor said were supposedly his sources will have to testify to clear this up

Mulvaney went on TV and admitted that quid pro quo occurred and every second hand account so far has confirmed it. You want to see all the first hand sources and evidence? Well Trump has been blocking them. Pence, Giuliani, Mulvaney, Pompeo, the transcript from the May call with Zelensky. 

Trump and the his defenders say "What are the Democrats hiding in their closed door meetings?" Well I say what is Trump hiding with his refusals to turn over his taxes, documents, and his blocking witnesses from testifying to congress? It must be pretty damaging to him or he would release them. You'd think he would want to prove his innocents by releasing them, but only if he was truly innocent.

And if he really thinks the phone call was perfect, he would probably also believe Colorado was on the border with Mexico.

48 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Trump and the his defenders say "What are the Democrats hiding in their closed door meetings?" Well I say what is Trump hiding with his refusals to turn over his taxes, documents, and his blocking witnesses from testifying to congress? It must be pretty damaging to him or he would release them. You'd think he would want to prove his innocents by releasing them, but only if he was truly innocent.

And if he really thinks the phone call was perfect, he would probably also believe Colorado was on the border with Mexico.

Haven’t you heard ? If he turns over his tax returns he’ll be committing billionaire suicide by exposing all of his secrets to his billionaire rivals. 

Edited by UndertheHalo