• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

10 hours ago, True Grich said:

Years ago, I wanted to break into covering high school basketball and took a "job" with the now defunct Herald Examiner.  They basically paid you by the game - not really a full time job.  My first assignment was a game at Manual Arts High School, who played against Los Angeles High School.  It was quite the experience.  I definitely stood out in the crowd, but I didn't have any problems at all.  Covered the game, interviewed the coach and had my first published piece in the next day's paper.

My dad graduated from Manual Arts, class of ‘44. A much different time.

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So those areas are more dangerous than they were before. Why do you think that is?

Because people devalue life more now and they are not afraid of the consequences of their actions. Many areas now have multiple generations of criminal behavior that has taken root 

1 minute ago, cals said:

Cause two black bitches with chips on their shoulders are complaining?  Sorry, I’ll give KC much greater validity in his opinions than what you read online.  Holy shit you are misguided and sheltered.

Thanks for listening.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Because people devalue life more now and they are not afraid of the consequences of their actions. Many areas now have multiple generations of criminal behavior that has taken root 

I think this is an oversimplification of the situation.  There is much more to the story.  Can you even imagine at all how difficult it is to get out of that life?   No money, no true family unit, people you know dying all the time, I mean come on.  The fact that there are still plenty of racists out there and it is a recipe for the kind of things you are seeing.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think this is an oversimplification of the situation.  There is much more to the story.  Can you even imagine at all how difficult it is to get out of that life?   No money, no true family unit, people you know dying all the time, I mean come on.  The fact that there are still plenty of racists out there and it is a recipe for the kind of things you are seeing.

It’s not an easy fix. That’s why I said it’s been going for multiple generations. I think the nurture part is much stronger than nature. It’s an endless cycle and I don’t know what it is that will break it

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Some of the folks here think that racism is Black people's faults, and that it doesn't exist anymore, and that talking about racism (even though it doesn't exist anymore) will just make white people feel guilty, so we shouldn't do it.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Some of the folks here think that racism is Black people's faults, and that it doesn't exist anymore, and that talking about racism (even though it doesn't exist anymore) will just make white people feel guilty, so we shouldn't do it.

You asked why certain areas are still dangerous. It’s not because of racism 

18 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Such as?