• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

5 minutes ago, cals said:

This is the thing: I’m not racist.  It’s an easy explanation for people like you, but it’s simply not true.  Sexist yes.  But not racist.

Women don't get woolley they get weary. No one has stress they're wearing a dress. 

The Marines are pretty good at keeping standards uniform. The Army not so much. Black Soldiers often have their appearance violations overlooked. Nobody wants to be called racists. At Fort Lee, I watched a black female Soldier refuse to change her orange wig that was out of regulation. One day the top enlisted Soldiers show up and a damn black female CSM was wearing a yellow wig so leadership let it go.

It is difficult for non military people to understand the importance of discipline and following orders. This LT drove 1.5 after being told to stop. As an LT, he could easily find himself leading a patrol. When the order is given to stop in place, he needs to follow. If chooses to ignore the order out of fear, there is a good chance someone dies. I wouldn't want this guy leading my son in combat.

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

It is difficult for non military people to understand the importance of discipline and following orders. This LT drove 1.5 after being told to stop. As an LT, he could easily find himself leading a patrol. When the order is given to stop in place, he needs to follow. If chooses to ignore the order out of fear, there is a good chance someone dies. I wouldn't want this guy leading my son in combat.

This is the part I don’t understand. Why didn’t he just comply? He’s used to following orders.  Like the young cop kept saying, just step out of the car. 

Just now, Jason said:

This is the part I don’t understand. Why didn’t he just comply? He’s used to following orders.  Like the young cop kept saying, just step out of the car. 

That's why you have to put the puzzle together. Civilians don't see it. Military people who understand his rank and position see the contempt for authority. His uniform, haircut, and mustache all say he enjoys testing authority.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think someone should have to leave their car while guns are being pointed at them for a traffic violation. 

See, it's actually his fault for the police behavior. His mustache upset them so much that they couldn't help but act hostile. They saw his blatant disregard for authority and knew they had to act tougher on him than they normally would because they knew he was going to cause trouble.

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I don't think someone should have to leave their car while guns are being pointed at them for a traffic violation. 

I want to see dash cam why the cops felt this was a felony stop. They didn’t think it was a felony because of traffic violation. 

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

There's always an excuse for justification. 

The police were wrong. End of story.

They may have had justification for a felony stop but yeah, that cop handled the situation poorly, was unprofessional and escalated the situation. Cops are trained to de-escalate when the people they encounter are not cooperating 

True story. I pulled out of a parking lot on post 6-7 years ago. I had a car full of kids I was taking home after practice. Military Police immediately pull me over for nothing. The cop calls for back up. I am then surrounded bu 3 cars and 5-6 cops. They surround my vehicle with guns a blazing. A cop approaches my car with weapon holstered. He says i was swerving so he obviously didn't understand I just pulled into the road from 500ft away. I explained my story and he saw my passengers were kids. They put the guns down and let me go. Now I could have escalated the situation when the weapons were drawn but you have to obey and stay calm. A kid in my car was the son of the second highest ranking officer on post. All the police got some remedial training on their off time. Its all in how you handle things.

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

He allegedly didn’t stop right away, preferring to wait till he got to a well lit area. Which turned out to be the gas station.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/04/10/us/caron-nazario-windsor-police-virginia.amp.html

I’m not sure why that would leave an officer to believe that a felony stop was necessary? If he quickly sped up to the gas station then maybe but this was just a shitty job of policing

Edited by Jason

There were errors on both sides. My concern is the Officer set a bad example. Soldiers tend to get hammered and quite often interact with cops. A lot of Soldiers are criminals. I don't think this guy is a criminal but he sure set a bad example for other Soldiers. Every private in America now thinks he can drive two miles and act an ass when pulled over. This doesn't help. I was pulled over for talking on a cell phone in Illinois. The cop was a total ass at first. I explained that talking on cell is legal in Missouri and apologized. I handed him my military ID and it turned out his son is enlisted. He wrote me a warning and said my service got me off this time. This guy obviously doesn't have my people skills