• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

19 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

True story. I pulled out of a parking lot on post 6-7 years ago. I had a car full of kids I was taking home after practice. Military Police immediately pull me over for nothing. The cop calls for back up. I am then surrounded bu 3 cars and 5-6 cops. They surround my vehicle with guns a blazing. A cop approaches my car with weapon holstered. He says i was swerving so he obviously didn't understand I just pulled into the road from 500ft away. I explained my story and he saw my passengers were kids. They put the guns down and let me go. Now I could have escalated the situation when the weapons were drawn but you have to obey and stay calm. A kid in my car was the son of the second highest ranking officer on post. All the police got some remedial training on their off time. Its all in how you handle things.

If a police officer asks you to exit your car over a minor traffic violation should you have to? 

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

If a police officer asks you to exit your car over a minor traffic violation should you have to? 

Yes, we are a nation of law and order. If the cop fucks up and commits a serious infraction, there are legal remedies to fix the situation. Resisting and fighting isn't going to end well for anyone involved.

In this situation what you think is occurring may be different than what the cop is thinking. Refusing all their directives isn’t a wise way to deal with it though. If the cop’s intent is to fuck you up then it’s happening whether you’re in the car or not. Neither person should want to escalate that situation. 

Just now, Kotchman said:

Yes, we are a nation of law and order. If the cop fucks up and commits a serious infraction, there are legal remedies to fix the situation. Resisting and fighting isn't going to end well for anyone involved.

Is it a law you have to exit your car if a police officer tells you to? 

Is it a law you have to exit your car if a police officer tells you to? 

Pretty sure there is. Even if there isn't, it is good practice to follow orders. Kinds my point with the Army LT. No a mustache isn't a huge deal to most of us. However, it does show he enjoys pushing the envelope with regulations and authority. Most LTs fuck up on the job and get a lot of ass chewings. The last thing they seek is unwanted attention over uniform and appearance regulations. This guy obviously thinks he is special

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’ve learned in life that it’s important to pick and choose your battles. I guess each person has to decide those for themselves 

As a military Officer, he should have done a quick risk assessment in his head. Immediate compliance would have been a hell of a lot safer. He is damn lucky he didn't end up dead

Just now, Kotchman said:

Pretty sure there is. Even if there isn't, it is good practice to follow orders. Kinds my point with the Army LT. No a mustache isn't a huge deal to most of us. However, it does show he enjoys pushing the envelope with regulations and authority. Most LTs fuck up on the job and get a lot of ass chewings. The last thing they seek is unwanted attention over uniform and appearance regulations. This guy obviously thinks he is special

What about elected officials? Should I have to follow their orders? 

People seem to discount appearance, organizational policies and norms. I  hope most people would have a problem if their wives constantly went out commando in a short skirt. That wouldn't make her a whore but it does reveal a possible need for attention.

5 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

What about elected officials? Should I have to follow their orders? 

Yes and we hope there is a legal remedy. Nowadays the courts have thrown out the constitution so there many not be. As a Christian, I am not bound to follow orders that don't follow God's law. At that point, I have to be willing to follow the Man above and let him him be the ultimate judge.

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

Yes and we hope there is a legal remedy. Nowadays the courts have thrown out the constitution so there many not be. As a Christian, I am not bound to follow orders that don't follow God's law. At that point, I have to be willing to follow the Man above and let him him be the ultimate judge.

And this is where I check out. 

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

Don't know where this Soldier is but I am guessing he is deployed. You can see he is EOD and tabbed out. Good chance this guy is blowing up dangerous shit and the beard may be needed to blend in on covert operations.

That dude is blending in only in Kentucky. 

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

And this is where I check out. 

It is strange how the libs hate cops yet love the politicians making the rules. If we had a little more freedom and less laws, it would curb some of the conflicts. Police are just enforcing the laws elected officials make. 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

It is strange how the libs hate cops yet love the politicians making the rules. If we had a little more freedom and less laws, it would curb some of the conflicts. Police are just enforcing the laws elected officials make. 

I don't hate cops. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

That dude is blending in only in Kentucky. 

True butt hose guys have to walk miles with 150lbs of gear on. They get called to disarm unstable explosives. Robots help a lot but not always. They can wear a beard anywhere they want. This LT is likely a Logistics Officer and hasn't been to combat. He can shave his face

I don't hate cops. 

I don't think most libs do. They just overact to the cherry picking of news stories by the media. Cops need to do better but hiring policies and training aren't good. We need better pay and less EO in law enforcement. We hire a lot of women and unfit men. Lack of confidence, strength, and fear lead to a lot of these mistakes. If we had higher mental and physical standards for cops, some of this could be avoided 

4 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I don't think most libs do. They just overact to the cherry picking of news stories by the media. Cops need to do better but hiring policies and training aren't good. We need better pay and less EO in law enforcement. We hire a lot of women and unfit men. Lack of confidence, strength, and fear lead to a lot of these mistakes. If we had higher mental and physical standards for cops, some of this could be avoided 

@cals you aren't even being subtle.

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

@cals you aren't even being subtle.

I mean a 130lb woman doesn't scare many adult men. We all love equality but fights aren't fair. An average dude will over power most women. When a man or woman is physically unable to restrain someone, the situation quickly escalates to lethal force.

5 hours ago, Kotchman said:

No,his  mustache and haircut are in clear violation of Army Regulation 670-1. Most decent Army Lieutenants don't have facial hair. The officer is obviously attempting to mentor this young Lt

All the black dudes I served with had no-shave chits.