• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

43 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It really doesn’t matter if he was a piece of shit.  

I agree with this. There was no excuse to kneel on someone's neck. Even if he was actively resisting, there are other restraint techniques that likely wouldn't lead to death. Now him being a piece of shit should be taken into account when trying to prop him up like he was some martyr  

5 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Is that your final answer?

image.png

Yep.  I mean if you think its cool to murder someone that’s fine, I guess.   What we are dealing with right now is based on him being murdered by cops.  It wasn’t even a situation where they thought he had a gone and he got shot, they had him in custody and kneeled on him until he was dead.  Maybe you stop kneeling on him after a minute or two.  If they would have arrested him, this isn’t happening.  It really is that simple.   

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yep.  I mean if you think its cool to murder someone that’s fine, I guess.   What we are dealing with right now is based on him being murdered by cops.  It wasn’t even a situation where they thought he had a gone and he got shot, they had him in custody and kneeled on him until he was dead.  Maybe you stop kneeling on him after a minute or two.  If they would have arrested him, this isn’t happening.  It really is that simple.   

I don't think murdering him was the proper response. Who does?

I'll tell you why it matters that he was a "piece of shit." The BLM movement is putting this guy up on a pedestal as if he was the next MLK. His name is sprayed across intersections in every ghetto shithole in the country. Rioters chant his name incessantly while trying to light federal buildings on fire. They create murals of this fuckface as if it's someone blacks should look up to. That's why it matters that he was a "piece of shit" Strad. Sorry I had to spell it out for you.

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I'll tell you why it matters that he was a "piece of shit." The BLM movement is putting this guy up on a pedestal as if he was the next MLK. His name is sprayed across intersections in every ghetto shithole in the country. Rioters chant his name incessantly while trying to light federal buildings on fire. They create murals of this fuckface as if it's someone blacks should look up to. That's why it matters that he was a "piece of shit" Strad. Sorry I had to spell it out for you.

Then don’t kill him.  Arrest him.  You arrest him and we never ever hear his name.  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Then don’t kill him.  Arrest him.  You arrest him and we never ever hear his name.  

The kill has happened. Nothing will change that. What can be changed is the way people are trying to project who this asshole was.

42 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

You’re doing your part to prove their point. The man who was killed that day wasn’t the piece of shit. He was a man detained on suspicion of passing a counterfeit $20 and was handcuffed at the time of his death. Now you want to write it off because he doesn’t meet your standard for a martyr. 

4 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You’re doing your part to prove their point. The man who was killed that day wasn’t the piece of shit. He was a man detained on suspicion of passing a counterfeit $20 and was handcuffed at the time of his death. Now you want to write it off because he doesn’t meet your standard for a martyr. 

I’m not writing anything off. You’re the one writing off the fact that the guy was garbage. Nowhere am I saying that he should have died that day. 

18 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Floyd was sentenced to jail 9 times the last of which was for breaking into a woman's house that led to a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.  I think some of people who were victims of his crimes would disagree that he wasn't a piece of shit.  He didn't deserve to die with a cops knee on his neck but the 14M his family got from his go fund me page and whatever they get out of suing the city is a lot more than he was ever going to give to them. 

It is kind of weird how we as a society focus on things or incidents.

I think George Floyd was handcuffed while the cop was on his neck. But at the same time I don't hear much about Breonna Taylor or heard in the same way....maybe it was the lack of people with camera phones. I really thought the Eric Gardner death would be what this has become. Six cops mauling a guy and killing him for selling some cigarettes and then getting off is just wild to me.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It is kind of weird how we as a society focus on things or incidents.

I think George Floyd was handcuffed while the cop was on his neck. But at the same time I don't hear much about Breonna Taylor or heard in the same way....maybe it was the lack of people with camera phones. I really thought the Eric Gardner death would be what this has become. Six cops mauling a guy and killing him for selling some cigarettes and then getting off is just wild to me.

I think a lot of it had to do with the lock downs and people who were out of work and pissed off.  Taylor's death absolutely seems like one that should light the powder keg but instead we heard more about it after Floyd's death.

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I think a lot of it had to do with the lock downs and people who were out of work and pissed off.  Taylor's death absolutely seems like one that should light the powder keg but instead we heard more about it after Floyd's death.

I don't disagree.

There is also merit to everyone being quarantined and kind of a "fuck this" mentality. And you are right that it seemed to come to light after the fact....or what was portrayed on the media. There was an uprising with her death, but you are right that it didn't gain national traction until the Floyd situation.

21 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’m not writing anything off. You’re the one writing off the fact that the guy was garbage. Nowhere am I saying that he should have died that day. 

So what’s the point of all the other shit? Everything else is just noise intended to deflect from the actual event that took place