• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

It's obvious you guys just don't want to talk about racism. If 30 black people are marching quietly on the streets you aren't going to hear about it, which is what you want, but defeats the entire purpose of a "protest".

I don't support looting or rioting but you can't have your cake and eat it too. 

Chicago store owner is looted twice, plans to sue the city

The recent looting in Chicago has devastated local business owners who have had their stores vandalized and robbed. One convenience store owner has suffered this fate not once, but twice.

Walid Mohammad's convenience store has been looted twice since May. Surveillance footage showed looters taking items, breaking into the store's ATM and ‘destroying everything,’ Mohammad told Fox News.

“I've been through a lot. A lot of drama, a lot of stress. I don't know what I'm going to do," Mohammad said, whose store is in the central business district in downtown Chicago. He is just one of many business owners reeling with the realities of looters all while dealing with the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus.

The store owner said he watched for 25 minutes as looters broke their way through his store’s metal door, but "but no one came to stop them," because police were overwhelmed across the city.

Mohammad asserts, “Officers are seeing what is going on but are doing nothing.”

“No one responded, nobody to protect my business. That's the first thing I want to know -- who's going to respond for that?” Mohammad said. “I want to see who are responsible for this.”

If the widespread looting and unrest doesn’t end soon, the business owner is afraid he may not be able to recover and reopen his store.

According to Mohammad, he has spent at least $300,000 repairing his store the first time it was looted and wants to know that the city will keep his property safe before he makes any new repairs again.

“I want to know, are we protected or not? I want them to take care of the small businesses,” said Mohammad.

On Thursday, the city’s police superintendent said looters in Chicago might have gotten away with a lot of crimes last weekend but that won’t happen again.

“We are going to deploy all tactics necessary to prevent and stop looting,” Brown said. “ … We’ve increased our numbers, we have extended our hours that our officers work. There’s an increase of 1,000 officers that would normally be here.”

Mohammad questions why his and other local businesses are being targeted when they have nothing to do with this issues that have caused so many to take to the streets.

“[I want to know] what my business has to do with it. If you have something against the officers or whatever, then why you come to break in our businesses, why you destroy us for?” said Mohammad.

He plans on suing the city of Chicago for taking over “25 minutes" to respond to his call.

4 minutes ago, calscuf said:

There is no institutional racism in America and you can’t not make Jim Bob a racist. He’s entitled to his redneck opinion, so the protests are pointless.  There is no need to have a discussion about racism.

I didn't know your name was Jim Bob.

That name kinda sucks IMO.

2 minutes ago, NrM said:

"silence is violence"

Except when it comes to Chinese concentration camps and rampant antisemitism in the NBA and NFL. 

Fuck these fake woke millionaire athletes.

Oh man look at that sexy whataboutism. Mmmm it's delicious.

7 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

It's obvious you guys just don't want to talk about racism. If 30 black people are marching quietly on the streets you aren't going to hear about it, which is what you want, but defeats the entire purpose of a "protest".

I don't support looting or rioting but you can't have your cake and eat it too. 

I don't want protestors angrily yelling at people who have nothing to do with their issues and trying to confront them over something they can't address. the protestors in the video I posted are just looking for a fight, and they don't care who with. you saw how emotionally charged they were, right? there is no way to work with someone in that kind of heightened emotional state, and even less so when they have an angry mob with them.

I've sat down several times over the summer to try and figure out where I can improve and grow as a man and as a teacher. I'm concerned about how current and former kids of color (and their parents) think about how I've interacted with them, and if they think I'm part of the problem. to say I don't want to talk about racism is not accurate. but I also don't want to be angrily confronted about it, either. and we have a black family at school that thinks I'm a raging racist. I already taught their daughter, but they have a son who'll be in my class a year from now, and I'm not looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

I don't want protestors angrily yelling at people who have nothing to do with their issues and trying to confront them over something they can't address. the protestors in the video I posted are just looking for a fight, and they don't care who with. you saw how emotionally charged they were, right? there is no way to work with someone in that kind of heightened emotional state, and even less so when they have an angry mob with them.

I've sat down several times over the summer to try and figure out where I can improve and grow as a man and as a teacher. I'm concerned about how current and former kids of color (and their parents) think about how I've interacted with them, and if they think I'm part of the problem. to say I don't want to talk about racism is not accurate. but I also don't want to be angrily confronted about it, either. and we have a black family at school that thinks I'm a raging racist. I already taught their daughter, but they have a son who'll be in my class a year from now, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Racist.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

It's great that you are willing to look at yourself for ways to improve.

Not everyone can do that.

You are in a tight spot with that new class coming in.

I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work.

Cash-strapped cities pay heavy price for protests on the taxpayer's dime... so who's being held accountable?

Cash-strapped cities pay heavy price for protests on the taxpayer's dime... so who's being held accountable?

From police injuries to financial losses from looters, the aftermath from weeks of cross-country protests is bringing some cities to their knees.

All told, the unruly demonstrations following the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery could make it one of the costliest displays of civil disorder in U.S. history. In many places, the financial fallout comes as cities and states have drained their coffers trying to fight COVID-19. The end result for these cash-strapped cities could put them millions of dollars in the red and struggling for years to get out.

In Minneapolis, costs related to the protests could hit higher than $500 million.

In Portland, Ore., nearly 80 nights of destruction have caused the liberal locale $23 million and counting.

In Chicago, a city that's seen soaring crime rates and corruption at the highest levels, the damage done from the protests has not only hit high-end retailers but crippled hundreds of mom-and-pop stores trying to eke out a living.

5 minutes ago, Redondo said:

The states expect the federal government to reimburse them for the damage. Hopefully Trump tells them to fuck off. 

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

From police injuries to financial losses from looters, the aftermath from weeks of cross-country protests is bringing some cities to their knees.

All told, the unruly demonstrations following the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery could make it one of the costliest displays of civil disorder in U.S. history. In many places, the financial fallout comes as cities and states have drained their coffers trying to fight COVID-19. The end result for these cash-strapped cities could put them millions of dollars in the red and struggling for years to get out.

In Minneapolis, costs related to the protests could hit higher than $500 million.

In Portland, Ore., nearly 80 nights of destruction have caused the liberal locale $23 million and counting.

In Chicago, a city that's seen soaring crime rates and corruption at the highest levels, the damage done from the protests has not only hit high-end retailers but crippled hundreds of mom-and-pop stores trying to eke out a living.

Just wait till the lawsuits start from businesses that were affected by non covid spreading protests.

3 minutes ago, Redondo said:

This.

It's already started in Chicago.

If he wins there will be a slew of them.

Portland seems like a slam dunk for businesses affected.  Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if the Federal government sues the city over their lack of policing.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

5-year Cannon Hinnant, riding his bike and black next-door neighbor walks up and shoots him in the head at point-blank range.

Silence from mainstream media and BLM.

kanno3.jpg

CLM.  Cannon's Life Mattered

Oh fuck yes I was waiting for one of you assclowns to post this.

You want to know why this has absolutely nothing to do with BLM? The piece of shit murderer was already arrested and convicted. Bam. Justice for Cannon. Meanwhile, the police officers who murdered Breonna Taylor are free. And white conservative c*nts keep pointing out how terrible George Floyd was like it somehow justifies what happened to him. This is the falsest of equivalencies. It's just dumb. Fuck.

Also:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/15/us/north-carolina-boy-killed-father-speaks-trnd/index.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/08/14/cannon-hinnant-killing/%3foutputType=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/family-year-boy-shot-killed-neighbor-shouldnt/story%3fid=72378648

Don't even bring that trash in here.