• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Red Dawn Rises

Here it is. Had this on dvd years ago... might still have it somewhere. Its a doc about the 2002 season. Theres the better known one MLB did, with clips on youtube. But this one to me is much better. Its a lot longer, amd more in depth. Narrated by enberg.

Bonus, based on what @Brandon posted in the video clips thread. This one has the clip of erstad making the catch against the yankees in 2000.

Give it a look, its great 

9 hours ago, Bronson said:

The other one was focused mainly on the World Series and was just as much about the Giants as it was the Angels. 

I actually like that one more. The Giants had a very interesting season and sorry but Bonds was the most interesting part of that World Series to most people. 

9 hours ago, Bronson said:

And I like the in depth look at each World Series game. The other doc goes through the World Series so fast. I get it because it’s based on the whole season but I just like the other format more.

Yeah, the other one is great. But its pretty short, and not as in depth.

This one put out a lot more backstory, and lots more little things I had totally forgotten about. And at the end of this youtube vid, theres some cool extras included, like old interviews. Footage of the parade, etc

13 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Here it is. Had this on dvd years ago... might still have it somewhere. Its a doc about the 2002 season. Theres the better known one MLB did, with clips on youtube. But this one to me is much better. Its a lot longer, amd more in depth. Narrated by enberg.

Bonus, based on what @Brandon posted in the video clips thread. This one has the clip of erstad making the catch against the yankees in 2000.

Give it a look, its great 

Awesome. Thanks for posting. Like @Lou I have this DVD somewhere. 

I've been wanting to watch this for a while now so thank you for sharing! 

On 4/30/2020 at 7:39 PM, SoPas Angel said:

My 19 year old cousin only knew of the 2012 version. I showed her the original last time she visited. To her credit she said "This is SO much better."

My favorite part of the movie is when the old man sends jennifer gray and lea thompson to go live in the mountains with the Wolverines, because the russians tried boning them.

Like what could go wrong sending 2 chicks to the mountains with a bunch of horny high school football guys? One being sheen.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

My favorite part of the movie is when the old man sends jennifer gray and lea thompson to go live in the mountains with the Wolverines, because the russians tried boning them.

Like what could go wrong sending 2 chicks to the mountains with a bunch of horny high school football guys? One being sheen.

I'm really going to have to find my copy of A Red Dawn Rises and watch it again. I don't recall that happening at all. 

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It took me years to pick up on that, as well as why she completely flips out when Charlie Sheen says to her "So what's up your ass?" It was my absolute favorite movie when I was a little kid; I certainly got the concept of a Russian invasion of America, but butt rape was beyond my understanding. 

8 hours ago, SoPas Angel said:

It took me years to pick up on that, as well as why she completely flips out when Charlie Sheen says to her "So what's up your ass?" It was my absolute favorite movie when I was a little kid; I certainly got the concept of a Russian invasion of America, but butt rape was beyond my understanding. 

When you finally learned what it was, did you laugh, or feel bad for her? Like "now i get why she doesnt want to do his dishes"

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

At what point would Sheen do the same with Danny? 

I think it would have been C. Thomas Howell first. The blood-drinking scene was merely to see if he would do anything Swayze and Sheen told him to do.

Somewhere there is an outtake of Sheen telling him that night "You know, the Blackfeet have another tradition after your first kill...."

12 hours ago, SoPas Angel said:

I think it would have been C. Thomas Howell first. The blood-drinking scene was merely to see if he would do anything Swayze and Sheen told him to do.

Somewhere there is an outtake of Sheen telling him that night "You know, the Blackfeet have another tradition after your first kill...."

"Its salty like a steak.... and other things...."