• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Election

2020 Election  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you value more?

• The U.S. Constitution and the will of the voters
    • #Overturn!

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Yeah, of all the things to criticize the Trumps about, this isn't even on the list.

Well Trump was the one who started this whole "You need to speak English to assimilate in this country" crap.

Which began a large hate filled attacks on people who spoke other languages in public. So ya, we have every right to criticize.

15 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Well Trump was the one who started this whole "You need to speak English to assimilate in this country" crap.

Which began a large hate filled attacks on people who spoke other languages in public. So ya, we have every right to criticize.

Trump started it? 31 states have made it their official language. That shit is nothing new 

https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/what-is-the-united-states-official-language

Edited by Jason

8 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Avoiding the question? I've heard him speak English before.

Have you ever heard her speak English aside from reading off a teleprompter?

I hate that you are making me do this.

17 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Thank you for proving me right.

Did I? I didn't watch the video I posted. I just remember her giving an interview and that was the first thing that pulled up when i did a Google search. 

So everyone's family came from English speaking countries when they immigrated here?

They all spoke perfect English?

So it's easy to criticize others?

Yes you should try to learn how to speak English when you come to live here. Not mandatory, but it helps to assimilate. 

If one of you moved to a different country would you expect them to pander to you and speak English? 

26 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Trump emboldened racists to attack people for not speaking English. You know exactly what I mean. Stop playing dumb.

Playing dumb? You said he started it 

image.jpeg

Edited by Jason

4 hours ago, Lhalo said:

That's because we can take a joke. It's the insufferable people on the left who constantly claim racism while making racist jokes that are the problem.

It's the reason no comedian would ever visit a college. It's pathetic.

There is definitely some truth in this. I don't know that conservatives can take a joke any more than someone of a different political persuasion. I think that's much more of an individual thing. Crack the right joke and you can offend anyone. I do think that people are offended far too easily these days, though. I think it goes both ways. I remember hearing Adam Carolla say, I'm paraphrasing here, that freedom of speech doesn't give you freedom from being offended. He's right. We're going to hear a lot of things we don't like. That's part of life. It would be terrible to ruin comedy with that kind of attitude. It's one of the most necessary art forms we have ever created.

27 minutes ago, Redondo said:

So everyone's family came from English speaking countries when they immigrated here?

They all spoke perfect English?

So it's easy to criticize others?

Yes you should try to learn how to speak English when you come to live here. Not mandatory, but it helps to assimilate. 

If one of you moved to a different country would you expect them to pander to you and speak English? 

Lionel Ritchie What GIF

However, Midler posted multiple tweets attacking the first lady, with one reading, "#beBest is back! A UGE bore! She can speak several words in a few languages. Get that illegal alien off the stage!"

Midler also told the first lady, "You are one lucky Slovenian! And after all that surgery, you hit a kind of horrible jackpot, chained to [a] colossal idiot."

Other outspoken critics of President Trump also attacked the first lady.

"Seriously, f--- this b----," comedian Kathy Griffin tweeted.

"Makes me want to vomit," CNN political analyst and Playboy White House correspondent Brian Karem replied to Griffin.

Former NBA player Rex Chapman also compared Melania Trump's dress to Adolf Hitler.

Last weekend, Melania Trump was attacked as a "foreigner" by former New York Times reporter Kurt Eichenwald after she unveiled her renovations to the Rose Garden.

“It is a destruction of our history, something no other First Lady would have had the gall to do,” Eichenwald tweeted. “This is the first time I have been furious that @FLOTUS is a foreigner. She has no right to wreck our history.”

Link

Some real classy people.

1 minute ago, Redondo said:

Bette Midler walks back tweet insulting Melania Trump

"Well, all hell has broken loose because I said Melania 'still can’t speak English' last night. I was wrong to make fun of her accent. America is made up [of] people who speak with all kinds of accents, and they are all welcomed always," Midler said.

@Blarg, you got your wish. 

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

Last weekend, Melania Trump was attacked as a "foreigner" by former New York Times reporter Kurt Eichenwald after she unveiled her renovations to the Rose Garden.

“It is a destruction of our history, something no other First Lady would have had the gall to do,” Eichenwald tweeted. “This is the first time I have been furious that @FLOTUS is a foreigner. She has no right to wreck our history.”

Link

Some real classy people.

Did Melania Trump ‘Dig Up’ the Rose Garden at the White House?