• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Empty stadium baseball

Claude

11 hours ago, RendZone said:

Would love to hear from @VictorRojas29 and @Jeff Fletcher on this subject. 

I think it would be super weird at first, but you'd get used to it. It would beat the alternative of no baseball.

Maybe the TV broadcast would add crowd noises like the laugh track on a sitcom. 🙂

I also don't think they'd do it for the whole season. If they didn't think it would be safe play with fans at all in 2020, they probably wouldn't play at all, but if they thought it would be safe for fans in July, but could get a 2-3 week head start by playing without fans in June, that would be a more likely scenario.

5 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think it would be super weird at first, but you'd get used to it. It would beat the alternative of no baseball.

Maybe the TV broadcast would add crowd noises like the laugh track on a sitcom. 🙂

I also don't think they'd do it for the whole season. If they didn't think it would be safe play with fans at all in 2020, they probably wouldn't play at all, but if they thought it would be safe for fans in July, but could get a 2-3 week head start by playing without fans in June, that would be a more likely scenario.

We're doing everything virtually now - we could pipe the audio in from all the virtual fans watching and ...

... omg, that's a terrible idea, never mind.

It'd be like twitter out loud - no one wants to hear *that* ...

If it happens, I'd hope mlb.tv will broadcast the games for no or reasonable cost ...

Ya'll missed that 2015 empty stadium Orioles game?  It was weird, but also good.

The one great thing about it, is you get to hear pretty much everything said or yelled on the field or from the top of the dugout.  You'll hear everything like you're sitting behind the backstop at a high school game.

Edited by Lazorko Saves

They have a golden opportunity here to turn this into lemonade with the app.   Imagine if the app became a companion to the game, where players could drop video messages in game, for the guys calling the game could interact with polls, fan questions, giveaways and events (uploaded kiss can, etc)

MLB has been ahead of all other sports in the digital realm, it would be great if they can make a big push this year.

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

They have a golden opportunity here to turn this into lemonade with the app.   Imagine if the app became a companion to the game, where players could drop video messages in game, for the guys calling the game could interact with polls, fan questions, giveaways and events (uploaded kiss can, etc)

MLB has been ahead of all other sports in the digital realm, it would be great if they can make a big push this year.

As long as the players follow the social distancing policies they should be good to go.        

4B9A9846-BDDD-4860-A76A-2B770D15361D.jpeg

22 hours ago, stormngt said:

When playing in front of empty stadiums first came up in March I thought it was a ridiculous idea and felt it wouldn't make good business playing without the revenues of games.  However it might really be a great idea.  All live sports are cancelled.  Sports fans across the country are begging for sports to follow.  And if baseball comeback they would have a monopoly with the news.  No NBA playoff hype.  No NfL Camp or draft.  No NBA draft.  No hockey.  Only baseball.  Mlb would have a monopoly to brand the sport.

no chance of this monopoly. if baseball is playing, then you can be damn sure the other leagues are doing the same, whether that be regular season, playoffs, draft, etc. 

there's no scenario where baseball is the only sport playing.

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

no chance of this monopoly. if baseball is playing, then you can be damn sure the other leagues are doing the same, whether that be regular season, playoffs, draft, etc. 

there's no scenario where baseball is the only sport playing.

It's too late for NCAA basketball.  Its pretty close to be too kate for NBA or NHL playoffs.  There would be football but that would August before preseason games

35 minutes ago, stormngt said:

It's too late for NCAA basketball.  Its pretty close to be too kate for NBA or NHL playoffs.  There would be football but that would August before preseason games

i think you are seriously underestimating the nba and nhl desire to play. the point being once any sport can realistically justify playing, then they will do so. the calendar means nothing at this point. billionaires don't leave money on the table.

How about a 45-60 game "season" in corn fields, high school stadiums and other imaginative spaces, with a roster of those available to play and be basically quarantined within a drive-able area.   Paint the picture of a stick on a bat. 

If they are really short on players itd be interesting to combine some teams like dogs/angels and Mets/Yanks 

10 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

How about a 45-60 game "season" in corn fields, high school stadiums and other imaginative spaces, with a roster of those available to play and be basically quarantined within a drive-able area.   Paint the picture of a stick on a bat. 

If they are really short on players itd be interesting to combine some teams like dogs/angels and Mets/Yanks 

you-have-smoked-yourself-retarded.jpeg

with all due respect

On 3/31/2020 at 9:21 PM, RendZone said:

Could you really enjoy watching televised MLB games with zero fans in the stands? What kind of excitement would that generate? No need for the Rally Monkey, "MAKE SOME NOISE" or any walk up music. 

Thoughts? I personally think it would suck. Imagine winning a World Series with no fans and no parade. 

Some College games have few fans in attendance. 

I wouldn't have a problem w/o fans. The game is played on the field.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 9:35 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

I was discussing this with some friends.   They could play the ST games in front of no one, although playing outdoors in AZ in June would probably only be possible at 8am in the morning?   Then hopefully, by July 1, crowds can begin to return and the season then starts?