• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Empty stadium baseball

Claude

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

I was discussing this with some friends.   They could play the ST games in front of no one, although playing outdoors in AZ in June would probably only be possible at 8am in the morning?   Then hopefully, by July 1, crowds can begin to return and the season then starts?

WASHINGTON -- Dr. Anthony Fauci says social and physical distancing guidelines designed to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus could be relaxed when the country sees "essentially no new cases" or deaths for a period of time.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I was discussing this with some friends.   They could play the ST games in front of no one, although playing outdoors in AZ in June would probably only be possible at 8am in the morning?   Then hopefully, by July 1, crowds can begin to return and the season then starts?

Everyone has a theory on when things will happen but it’s all just guesswork. No one has any idea. 

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

WASHINGTON -- Dr. Anthony Fauci says social and physical distancing guidelines designed to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus could be relaxed when the country sees "essentially no new cases" or deaths for a period of time.

So January?

10 hours ago, Kevinb said:

So January?

It would not surprise me. I know people are talking about watching games with no fans but somehow forget that the players are not immune and playing in those games would increase their risk to get the CoronaVirus. All it takes is one player or coach or trainer or groundskeeper or media employee to infect an entire clubhouse. It’s too big a risk to have all of these players traveling all over the country and staying in different hotels and riding in buses. The baseball culture has always been that players spend half of their game time spitting all over the place so everyone needs to chill and let science fix this issue before they play games. 

08F00397-E817-4112-B2D6-7A984DB76B43.jpeg

Edited by RendZone

On 3/31/2020 at 10:03 PM, stormngt said:

When playing in front of empty stadiums first came up in March I thought it was a ridiculous idea and felt it wouldn't make good business playing without the revenues of games.  However it might really be a great idea.  All live sports are cancelled.  Sports fans across the country are begging for sports to follow.  And if baseball comeback they would have a monopoly with the news.  No NBA playoff hype.  No NfL Camp or draft.  No NBA draft.  No hockey.  Only baseball.  Mlb would have a monopoly to brand the sport.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/04/the-obstacles-of-televising-mlb-games-without-fans.html

On 3/31/2020 at 10:03 PM, stormngt said:

When playing in front of empty stadiums first came up in March I thought it was a ridiculous idea and felt it wouldn't make good business playing without the revenues of games.  However it might really be a great idea.  All live sports are cancelled.  Sports fans across the country are begging for sports to follow.  And if baseball comeback they would have a monopoly with the news.  No NBA playoff hype.  No NfL Camp or draft.  No NBA draft.  No hockey.  Only baseball.  Mlb would have a monopoly to brand the sport.

NFL is having a draft

On 4/1/2020 at 10:19 AM, Kevinb said:

It won't happen. But that being said yes I could totally be happy watching any sporting event with no fans in the stadium. I don't watch sports for the fans, I watch for the game itself. 

What about searching the fans in the batter's box picture that are hot or are exceptionally endowed?  Isn't that part of baseball?