• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has turned into our worst nightmare.

We were all excited when he was signed but I think most of us realized how bad this contract would be in the later years

nobody expected it to be this bad so soon. This is a wreck

The fact that he's struggling this year with a myriad of injuries(offseason knee surgery, PF) isn't really encouraging for what is in store when eh's even OLDER and more expensive as the years go on

LAst year he put up a .850 OPS. I thought we'd see that production in year 5-6. Figured we'd get .900+ OPS for at least the first 3-4 years, but that doesn't even look likely. I'm not even sure we'll ever see a .900+ OPS season from him anymore. His walk rate is plummeting, K rate increasing, and his knees and feet are already a problem

8.more.years.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050117&content_id=931861&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl

This has been going on for years. This is not new to Albert Pujols.

Had no idea it goes back that far.  How the heck did they give a 10 year contract to this guy??

And for the record, I never liked this signing.  First thought that came to mind when first hearing about it was: why?

The debate at hand is predicated on a 33yr old, already in steady decline.  If he is closer to 36-37 as some speculate, then it becomes an old guy (in baseball terms) in serious decline. 

Either way, he currently resembles not much more than a VERY expensive Abreu.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050117&content_id=931861&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl

This has been going on for years. This is not new to Albert Pujols.

Crucial sentence in your linked article:

"The superstar will not undergo surgery, because an operation would sideline him for an extended period of time. He does not expect to miss any playing time."

The Angels need to SHUT HIM DOWN RIGHT NOW, regardless of how long it will sideline him. We have a $250 million investment here and we're getting reamed by someone who can hardly walk, let alone run. It most certainly is affecting his power at the plate.

SHUT HIM DOWN until this thing is fixed!

I don't care if he's a superstar, he's killing us.

Speculation about his age is ridiculous. 

People forget how good he hit most of last year. Very Pujolesque. 

People act like his production while fighting a very painful condition is going to be par for the remainder of his career

"The superstar will not undergo surgery, because an operation would sideline him for an extended period of time. He does not expect to miss any playing time."

The Angels need to SHUT HIM DOWN RIGHT NOW, regardless of how long it will sideline him. We have a $250 million investment here and we're getting reamed by someone who can hardly walk, let alone run. It most certainly is affecting his power at the plate.

Especially since they aren't going to win shit this year.

And time to give Josh a lobotomy.

You realize that article was from 2005 right? 

Of course I did. It makes it all the more bad. He refused surgery back then because HE didn't want to sit. 

Why would you assume I didn't know that?? 

And you realize the numbers he put up that year, despite the injury were very good right? 

Why would I think you didn't know that? Because you emphasized something from the article as if it pertained to now. 

And you realize the numbers he put up that year, despite the injury were very good right? 

Why would I think you didn't know that? Because you emphasized something from the article as if it pertained to now. 

Look, I'm not going to argue with you for the next few hours. Have a nice day.