• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has turned into our worst nightmare.

G   AVG   OBP   SLG   OPS    $$$
Albert Pujols             55  .248  .411  .416  0.736  16,000,000
Paul Edward Goldschmidt   55  .337  .419  .604  1.023  500,000
Don't just cherry-pick.

Albert has some pretty big numbers too.

In all fairness this isn't a valid comparison. I also think Goldschmidt is really overachieving.

In all fairness this isn't a valid comparison. I also think Goldschmidt is really overachieving.

I'm partially just toying around, but in all fairness in return...

...we discredit when players play to their fullest potential and find excuses for someone who underperforms?

Injured, family, pressure, billboards messed with his Himalayan chi yoga inner child, etc.

Scoreboard is all I care about.

Is that a question? 

I'm partially just toying around, but in all fairness in return...

...we discredit when players play to their fullest potential and find excuses for someone who underperforms?

Injured, family, pressure, billboards messed with his Himalayan chi yoga inner child, etc.

Scoreboard is all I care about.

G   AVG   OBP   SLG   OPS    $$$
Albert Pujols             55  .248  .411  .416  0.736  16,000,000
Paul Edward Goldschmidt   55  .337  .419  .604  1.023  500,000

Don't just cherry-pick. 

Albert has some pretty big numbers too.

That Pujols stat line doesn't match. His OPS should be 0.827 according to his OBP and SLG

I'm not the one to think that coaching on any major league level can adversely affect players, but it does feel like we get players that are good, and then after playing on the Angels, they aren't as good.  Then they go to other teams and play better.

Not sure why that is, maybe it's just bad luck, maybe it's coaching, maybe it really is the marine layer.

Big difference between Ortiz and Pujols if you are looking at longevity. Ortiz has spent his whole big league career as a DH, and  didnt start playing full time until he was 27 in 2004. Pujols at 33 playing everyday at 1b since 2001 has WAY more mileage on his body.

First base isn't that demanding of a position. I agree that he is playing injured.

With Bourjos back, and moving Trumbo to 1b, you are effectively giving more at bats to Shuck, Harris, Conger and Nelson.  A hobbled Pujols still brings more to the team than that lot.  It's gonna be several months and there will be no doubt whatsoever in the mind of the front office before Albert gets shut down. 

Does he?

WTF are you talking about?

Over the past week using responses like "Good lord", "Pissy", and in general belittling someone's response. Anyone has a right to wonder how old Pujols really is. What is so wrong with that?

You act like some posts are an affront, when they are simply someone's thought that they have.