• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has turned into our worst nightmare.

So a guy can't be accused of juicing even if he hasn't been caught yet? If Pujols continues to decline this badly then there's two options 1. He's lying about his age. or 2. He used to juice and has since been off of it. Nobody declines this hard this fast.

No

Some guy named Mike Napoli has better numbers in 2013 than Albert Pujols. PF is a chronic injury. Rest will help until it flares up again. I would rather see him retire than watch him play injured the next 8 seasons. He will have numerous other nagging injuries before its all over.

From what I've read, PF can heal, but it will take six months at a minimum of rest and therapy for it to happen, and possibly up to a year.

I admire Albert for trying to grind it out, but it's already affected his knee and at this point it's obvious it's not worth risking further injury just to stay a couple games ahead of Seattle.

They need to sit him down for the year, sooner rather than later.

Some guy named Mike Napoli has better numbers in 2013 than Albert Pujols. PF is a chronic injury. Rest will help until it flares up again. I would rather see him retire than watch him play injured the next 8 seasons. He will have numerous other nagging injuries before its all over.

Sure looks that way. Dude is breaking down and it's only year freakin 2. Yikes

From what I've read, PF can heal, but it will take six months at a minimum of rest and therapy for it to happen, and possibly up to a year.

I admire Albert for trying to grind it out, but it's already affected his knee and at this point it's obvious it's not worth risking further injury just to stay a couple games ahead of Seattle.

They need to sit him down for the year, sooner rather than later.

I agree he should sit but Im already prepared for the "he's just rusty, he hasn't played in six months" excuse. This is just the beginning of our long journey with Albert.

I agree he should sit but Im already prepared for the "he's just rusty, he hasn't played in six months" excuse. This is just the beginning of our long journey with Albert.

Sadly, I agree.

But, all they can do at this point is protect their investment the best they can and sitting for the rest of the year is the best choice.

Maybe he will heal and maybe we'll get some production out of him next year; but it's obviously not happening this year.

I understand they don't want to force his hand with a DL stint because he's Albert Pujols.  Superstars deserve to be treated with a certain level of respect with their proven track records.   Mike D'Antoni let Kobe play himself into the ground for a week straight though, and look where that got him.  Sometimes there's no choice but to step in because a player's competitiveness obscures reality.  

In the last month Pujols is hitting .240/.300/.390.  He isn't heroically putting himself on the line for the team; he's hurting them as much as he's hurting himself.  No matter what move is made, it couldn't result in much less production than he's giving, and would probably net an improvement simply because it isn't coming out of the 3 hole.  

It is not necessarily chronic. 

Lifetime, by Albert's own admission, he's been fighting this for years. It's a chronic condition for Albert.

Do you have a link to this admission? If he has been fighting this for years he's put up damn good numbers in the process. He has never experienced this level of PF where it has caused prolonged poor performance like this. 

He's f'n injured. WTF do you expect?!? He shouldn't be playing right now. Do you people really not remember how well he hit after a slow start last year? Yes he's in decline, he has been for a couple years now, but he's not as bad (or even anywhere close) as he has been showing while hobbling around with PF It's not like this is what we should expect from him going forward. He can throw, he can field his position, he can run and he can hit. He's trying to play through a very painful condition that quite frankly should keep him on the DL. PF is effecting every aspect of his game right now. Once that is taken care of he'll be a different player. 

Then he shouldn't be playing.

Do you have a link to this admission? If he has been fighting this for years he's put up damn good numbers in the process. He has never experienced this level of PF where it has caused prolonged poor performance like this. 

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050117&content_id=931861&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl

This has been going on for years. This is not new to Albert Pujols.

If this was a chronic condition that he has battled on and off for a few years, then either one of three things is in play here.

1) The org didn't do due diligence on his having this chronic condition.

2) He and others that the org talked to before the signing weren't forthcoming about it.

3) The org knew about it, and maybe the rumors are true that he is perfectly willing to negotiate a trimmed down buyout at some point if he can't produce anymore.

In any event, they need to DL him STAT. He isn't helping the cause any at this rate.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050117&content_id=931861&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl

This has been going on for years. This is not new to Albert Pujols.

Ya I found some info saying he has dealt with it off and on in the past. It has never been this bad however and there is no reason to believe it will continue to be this kind of issue. And he can have surgery like Salmon did . 

But he isn't and you can clearly see its effects when he walks or tries to run, in his batting stance and swing and when he tries to play his position. He's trying to play through it but someone needs to talk him down to accept a stint on the DL. 

LT, I pretty much agree with your argument about what is probably ailing Pujols. Why ask him or plead to accept a stint. Scoiscia is the one in charge, he needs to just demand it to be so.