• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has turned into our worst nightmare.

Ya I found some info saying he has dealt with it off and on in the past. It has never been this bad however and there is no reason to believe it will continue to be this kind of issue. And he can have surgery like Salmon did . 

He needs to stop trying to be Superman and get it fixed. For his health, the team and the fans that want to see him be successful.

2005 Albert quote;  "Only God knows, and myself, how much pain I was playing in," Pujols said. "It's over. I went through it and that's something I don't want to experience again. I don't want to do that again because it was pretty painful."

2013 Albert quote; "I'm dying," Pujols said Sunday. "It's hurting real bad."

I would imagine that within the org their is hope that this team can still make the playoffs.  Although many here may not share the same thought, you have to acknowledge that the Halos brass will be the very last ones to give up on this season.  If they are going to shut Albert down for an extended period, that is what you are effectively doing. 

It's not about whether Albert is performing at his usual level or anywhere close to it.  Its about the level at which he is performing relative to his replacement.

With Bourjos back, and moving Trumbo to 1b, you are effectively giving more at bats to Shuck, Harris, Conger and Nelson.  A hobbled Pujols still brings more to the team than that lot.  It's gonna be several months and there will be no doubt whatsoever in the mind of the front office before Albert gets shut down. 

I'm sorry, but if you sign a guy at 32, you have to realize that his peak years are over and he's gradually going to decline into an average player by 35 and almost useless by 37.

It's a shame that people who run professional baseball teams can't remember this very basic fact. Giving a ten-year contract to a 32-year-old player displays such a high degree of ignorance that I can't even come up with a word to describe it.

I guess my point is that he needs to get his foot fixed. His numbers had been declining prior to signing him. The warning signs were there with his numbers and his health. Arte loved those three home runs on one October night and thus a 10 year deal was constructed. If Arte could take it back, he would!  

Arte didn't sign a 10 year deal based on those homeruns. That's ridiculous. Yed, his decline was already underway and obviously there are increased chances there will be health issues going forward as he ages. None of that was a mystery when the deal was made. 

I don't think that's a factor. My guess is this is just a much more severe and debilitating flair up this time. 

So we should expect to see 2006 type numbers next season .331 / 49hrs / 137rbi's?

Lifetime, he was 26 in 2006, he had the ability to bounce back. He will be listed as 34 next season, he's not nearly the same player and other injuries will follow.

Is he playing worse because of an injury, sure. But if this year was to keep in line with his gradual decline over the last five years, then the best we could ask for would be around .270/27/.800, not terrible but again that would be more in line with what we would expect 5 or 6 years into the contract, not year two.

So we should expect to see 2006 type numbers next season .331 / 49hrs / 137rbi's?

Lifetime, he was 26 in 2006, he had the ability to bounce back. He will be listed as 34 next season, he's not nearly the same player and other injuries will follow.

No HT, you're missing the point. I don't think age is the factor in the level of debility the PF is giving him this year. I don't expect him to put up 2005 or 2006 numbers after he gets the PF fixed. I do think it's more than reasonable to expect at minimum last years numbers considering how well hi played after May last year. Of course he's not the same player now as he was in his prime - again that's no mystery, And of course there is a good chance other injuries will happen going forward - again that's no mystery.

No spark batting the #3 in our line up. Trout and Trumbo have had their moments. I have been really dissppointed in Pujols and Hamilton. They should be the type of players that can carry a team when they are hot. They been holding back the offense alls eason.

The one thing apparently nobody has even looked at is Alberts splits. Despite his seemingly low stats, he is hitting .333 with a .456 OBP, .462 SLG, and a .918 OPS with RISP. He may not have great overall stats, but he is still one of our best (if not the best) producer.