• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How does Scioscia still have a job?

I am not one to have a knee-jerk reaction and start calling for people to be fired after a stretch of bad games. However, given the past 5-6 years and after the disaster that was last season and this season looking to end even worse, combined with the talent and payroll of this team, how is Scioscia still managing here? I cant think of another sport a coach/manager would be kept on this long with his very talented and very expensive team performing so pathetically. Its not like baseball runs on a complicated system of plays like football or basketball where you would have to worry about players learning a new offense or defense etc...Is Artie so tight with Scioscia that he can bring himself to fire him and bring in someone else? Lets just let the whole team go down and shrug it off. Pretty ridiculous. 

They're were 40,000 there tonight. Not losing them yet.

Too bad " paid attendance" has nothing to do with actual attendance.

Anyone that believes that, also believes that unemployment is around 7-8 percent, and gas prices are set by

supply and demand.

40,000 for an Astro's game?

Seriously.

I understand the frustration but just curious, how is tonight's loss on Scioscia?

The bigger question is what makes him worth $30,000 a game?

Suiting up and glaring at umpires every night?

What has he done to help stop this team from sucking for the past 4 seasons?

I can't figure it out, but whatever it is he does, it isn't working..

The OPs question is totally valid...How the heck does he have this job?

If they can eat GMJs and Wells' contracts, they can certainly eat $28 million.

The difference is that the replacements for those contracts have an direct impact on the field. This one wouldn't. You're taking a chance that you're bringing in someone who would get better results, and I don't know that this is possible. The principle problem right now is that we're paying a lot of money to several over-the-hill players (including one currently playing in New York), and a different manager won't change that.

That may be true, but there is something to be said for a fresh perspective. He may end up being like Eppard, a short term fix. But it would benefit the team in the interim until a permanent hire was found after the season.

Granted, there aren't many players left who were here even in 2009. Maybe a fresh approach wouldn't be a big success, to think about it.

That may be true, but there is something to be said for a fresh perspective. He may end up being like Eppard, a short term fix. But it would benefit the team in the interim until a permanent hire was found after the season.

But would Moreno really eat $20M for a short term fix? Our whole roster is full of short term fixes, and look at where we are.

There was a rally wig giveaway....fans will show up if they get some "prize" for "free"

The last "prize" I got was a joke. It was an air freshener made out of a piece of wood with a hole drilled in it and a string tied to it. The Angels logo was stamped on one side (in black ink) and a tire company logo on the other. The smell was gone in about two days - unlike the team.

The last "prize" I got was a joke. It was an air freshener made out of a piece of wood with a hole drilled in it and a string tied to it. The Angels logo was stamped on one side (in black ink) and a tire company logo on the other. The smell was gone in about two days - unlike the team.

lol..they gave out an MLB drawstring backpack a while back...my brother said that if you can fold it into a square, put it in your back pocket, and forget it's there....not a quality giveaway

btw, he still has that wooden air freshener hanging from his rear view...;)

So winning 10 of 14 is proof you should be fired? 

Last night was nothing to do with him, and errors by the laziest shortstop in baseball the night before. You could say having Blanton still in the rotation, but come on.

Not surprised anything less comes from this group of people though. Can't believe there was no outrage he wasn't fired during the winning streak. Who would you REALLY want to take over? It's an endless cycle. Someone ALWAYS has to be fired, or someone isn't good enough. Always find something to complain about.

This team is looking at losing three in a row to a bottom-feeder Astros team.  All three games so far they've looked pathetic, lifeless, and have played lousy ball.  Yes, most of that falls on the players not performing but a manager needs to get the most out of his team.  Scioscia isn't doing that and hasn't for a while.  I don't know how much of an effect replacing him will have but at this point I'm ready for it.