• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

($) The Athletic: Jose Suarez Pursues a spot in Angels Rotation

Pancake Bear

Suarez, Sandoval, Barria...real excited to see how these guys do this year. They were tested at an incredibly young age and were promoted very aggressively, only being here in 2019 out of necessity. 

The Angels’ fortunes could turn their favor real quickly if these guys take a step forward this year.

14 hours ago, totdprods said:

Suarez, Sandoval, Barria...real excited to see how these guys do this year. They were tested at an incredibly young age and were promoted very aggressively, only being here in 2019 out of necessity. 

The Angels’ fortunes could turn their favor real quickly if these guys take a step forward this year.

I feel the same way...if those guys get held back a year in AAA, we likely have three high achieving prospects rather than three underachieving MLBers.  If 2 of the 3 take a significant step forward, we could be looking at a solid core of young arms. 

24 minutes ago, floplag said:

We all know there isnt a Cy young to be had out there, but man i have to say i love the depth in the rotation right now.
If we add an ace this spring or before the deadline, which i believe we will, we could be very dangerous indeed.

Especially with the newest news on the Yanks. No one is running away with anything in the AL this season. 

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

you're going to see a completely different Jose Suarez this year than you did last year.  

I agree. After all the success he's had rising through the farm (all while being significantly younger than the competition) I'm a little surprised about the amount of people just writing him off after one bad year in the majors where he was clearly called up when he wasn't ready.

Edited by rafibomb

15 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I agree. After all the success he's had rising through the farm (all while being significantly younger than the competition) I'm a little surprised about the amount of people just writing him off after one bad year in the majors where he was clearly called up when he wasn't ready.

amy poehler snl GIF

I think Jose is going to surprise some people. Of the four young pitchers we've seen the last couple years, I'd rank them as follows:

Upside: Canning, Suarez, Sandoval, Barria

Floor: Canning, Sandoval, Barria, Suarez

Chris Rodriguez has an even higher upside than Canning, but a lower floor than Suarez. I consider Soriano similarly to Suarez.

8 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think Jose is going to surprise some people. Of the four young pitchers we've seen the last couple years, I'd rank them as follows:

Upside: Canning, Suarez, Sandoval, Barria

Floor: Canning, Sandoval, Barria, Suarez

Chris Rodriguez has an even higher upside than Canning, but a lower floor than Suarez. I consider Soriano similarly to Suarez.

You think Suarez has higher upside than Sandoval?

Considering Patton Oswalt GIF by Portlandia