• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who do you most blame for *the trade* falling apart?

Taylor

Who do you blame?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you most blame?

• Eppler/Arte
    • The Dodgers
    • The Red Sox for delaying the other trade
    • The Twins for delaying the other trade
    • Nobody
    • Other

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven’t we all learned yet to be disciplined and cautious to react to anything tied to “sources say”?

We live in this digital environment where there is a need for new content every two minutes.

I am not saying Rosenthal is lying.  I am saying it is very very very easy for him to report that Arte was impatient and annoyed, and was frustrated (no shit, just like everybody else) and it would be predictable that somebody (a “source”) would say they believe Arte pulled the deal from the frustration.

If the GM went to Arte and said they wanted to move on, and Arte said “Fine, they pull out of it” wouldn’t there be an Angel “source” that said Arte pulled the deal?

Maybe Arte got annoyed and pulled out.  Maybe he agreed to pull out with others.  And maybe there are 5 other factors (like other team making demands on the Angels during the mess) that blew it all up.

The point is all have from Rosenthal and his “sources” is one POSSIBLE narrative.

19 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Haven’t we all learned yet to be disciplined and cautious to react to anything tied to “sources say”?

We live in this digital environment where there is a need for new content every two minutes.

I am not saying Rosenthal is lying.  I am saying it is very very very easy for him to report that Arte was impatient and annoyed, and was frustrated (no shit, just like everybody else) and it would be predictable that somebody (a “source”) would say they believe Arte pulled the deal from the frustration.

If the GM went to Arte and said they wanted to move on, and Arte said “Fine, they pull out of it” wouldn’t there be an Angel “source” that said Arte pulled the deal?

Maybe Arte got annoyed and pulled out.  Maybe he agreed to pull out with others.  And maybe there are 5 other factors (like other team making demands on the Angels during the mess) that blew it all up.

The point is all have from Rosenthal and his “sources” is one POSSIBLE narrative.

wurd.

Specifically Arte. The man child got his feelings hurt when he was told to wait, and he decided to nuke a deal that would have made the team much better. Even if there were other factors, the reporting clearly suggests that he wasn't willing to play ball to try to make it happen. His priorities are: 1. His ego; 2. The on-the-field performance of the Angels.

7 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Specifically Arte. The man child got his feelings hurt when he was told to wait, and he decided to nuke a deal that would have made the team much better. Even if there were other factors, the reporting clearly suggests that he wasn't willing to play ball to try to make it happen. His priorities are: 1. His ego; 2. The on-the-field performance of the Angels.

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with this.  There's been lots of anecdotes, over the years, that have suggested Arte is rather impatient and tries to force things.  If it is true that he blew up this trade, then that is truly a shame, because it probably cost us 3-4 wins, which will need in a very competitive wild card race.

That said, maybe something else is being re-worked.  We'll see..

45 minutes ago, krAbs said:

BB658118-BE8D-463C-AFE9-B046817228F3.jpeg

1 minute ago, Dick B Back said:

Just like you know who...

D781F228-83A3-45D3-8359-5240C545A8EF.jpeg

Completely different. Good managers are a dime a dozen. Good owners are rare. Look at that the Red Sox just did, they traded their franchise player because they didn’t want to pony up the cash. That’s basically the equivalent of Arte trading Trout this year. But look what Arte did instead.... just saying.

9 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I don’t think people realize how good we have it with Arte. This is the kind of thing that when he’s gone you’re gonna wish you appreciated him more. 

No ones saying he’s a bad owner. But even good owners do unwise things. If the reports are true and he backed out of this deal it would be an unwise move Rengifo and two rando prospects for two young major leaguers and a good prospect seems like a steal. But I don’t see anyone saying Arte is a bad owner or that they want him to sell the team. Deals fall through all the time. It’s over and done with time to win the division with the guys we have. Which is still

one heck of an offseason. 

10 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I don’t think people realize how good we have it with Arte. This is the kind of thing that when he’s gone you’re gonna wish you appreciated him more. 

5 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Just like you know who...

D781F228-83A3-45D3-8359-5240C545A8EF.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Completely different. Good managers are a dime a dozen. Good owners are rare. Look at that the Red Sox just did, they traded their franchise player because they didn’t want to pony up the cash. That’s basically the equivalent of Arte trading Trout this year. But look what Arte did instead.... just saying.

Sorry D but Bronson is right here. As much as we complain about specific moves, Arte has fully funded this team for over 15 years now, giving us a chance to be competitive and win, that is not the norm around the League and we could easily have a penny-pinching owner and no one would notice in our little neck of the woods in Anaheim. If we were a mid-market spender we'd probably have traded the G.O.A.T. already.

Thanks Arte!

6 minutes ago, Bronson said:

The Red Sox have won four World Series since Arte has been owner of the Angels.

Just now, ettin said:

Sorry D but Bronson is right here. As much as we complain about specific moves, Arte has fully funded this team for over 15 years now, giving us a chance to be competitive and win, that is not the norm around the League and we could easily have a penny-pinching owner and no one would notice in our little neck of the woods in Anaheim. If we were a mid-market spender we'd probably have traded the G.O.A.T. already.

Thanks Arte!

Just so there’s no confusion:

1. I like Arte.

2. I liked Sosh.

3. I was not impressed with the signing of Asshat.