• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who do you most blame for *the trade* falling apart?

Taylor

Who do you blame?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you most blame?

• Eppler/Arte
    • The Dodgers
    • The Red Sox for delaying the other trade
    • The Twins for delaying the other trade
    • Nobody
    • Other

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why the Dogs/Angels trade didn't work out.  Every other team involved seemed to figure out how to get a deal done yet the Angels couldn't.  Maybe it was because the dogs came back and changed the deal to make it very unfavorable for the Halos which makes sense to walk away from.  I don't want to think that emotion played a big part in this falling apart but unfortunately, my instincts tell me that's the case.   I find it hard to believe that any sort of adjustment would be so egregious from the original parameters that it would facilitate just up and bailing.  

Maybe they are still talking.  Maybe they work something out.  Right now, I really have no idea.  I just sense an unfortunate emotional response that wasn't necessary.  I hope I'm wrong.  

Either way though, it doesn't matter, because the team didn't get better today like I had hoped and that's the biggest bummer.  

Isn't it as simple as the Dodgers not being able / wanting to take on another 40 man guy (Rengifo) since then ended up getting Graterol in addition to Betts and Price? They didn't plan on Graterol in the original deal so now they don't want to add another man over the 40 man number. As it stands they are already over and wouldn't Rengifo have pushed them even further over? 

10 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Isn't it as simple as the Dodgers not being able / wanting to take on another 40 man guy (Rengifo) since then ended up getting Graterol in addition to Betts and Price? They didn't plan on Graterol in the original deal so now they don't want to add another man over the 40 man number. As it stands they are already over and wouldn't Rengifo have pushed them even further over? 

Yes

7 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

So why do we have 2 threads and hundreds of posting wondering who to "blame"? haha

It seems everyone just jumped the gun and this deal wasn't going to go down unless the original need went down as first proposed.

Because Rosenthal said it was possibly Arte and our fan base wants to hate Arte.  

51 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because Rosenthal said it was possibly Arte and our fan base wants to hate Arte.  

He didn't say "possibly" - he said sources said Moreno grew impatient and pulled the deal.

And I don't hate Arte.

Edited by True Grich

I'm ready to move on. At this point, I really don't care who is to blame. It's not like I have any control over any of it anyway.  I"m excited for the season. I'm even a little optimistic. I'm looking forward to watching the best player in the game today and possibly the best of any generation. I can't wait to watch Rendon and I will eagerly anticipate Adell's arrival sometime this year. I'm also looking forward to seeing Ohtani back on the mound. There's lots to look forward to.

That all being said, I reserve the right to go on a rant the first time the Angels lose 3 games in a row.