• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

News: Mariners suggest Astros', Red Sox' titles be awarded to them instead

zenmaster

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Please show me where anyone here blamed the Astros for the Angels' playoff drought.

I think people are conveniently using the Astros cheating as a diversion from our own issues. We lost a life to a drug scandal, lost 90 games, fired coaches and our  manager, didn’t get our biggest free agent target and still need pitching help BUT THE ASTROS CHEATED!!!

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think it would be nice if the Mariners got pretend banners.  Very on brand. 

SEATTLE—Repeatedly noting that they were just throwing the idea out there and not saying whether it was bad or good, the Seattle Mariners released a statement Tuesday offhandedly suggesting that the tainted World Series titles of the Astros and Red Sox could be awarded to them instead. “I know this is a tough, complicated situation where you can’t just give the title to the runner-up, which is why we think this might be a fun compromise,” said Mariners president Kevin Mather, who explained that while the Mariners were not even a playoff team those years, there was also no evidence that they cheated in any way. “We were right around .500—not great, not terrible—it would just be a nice, neutral gesture. There has never been a whiff of scandal around signals or PEDs with us. We are obviously clean, and I think maybe we deserve this. We even had our merch team mock up a banner and some ‘2017 World Series Champion’ shirts, and we think they look pretty good. I mean, why not, what is the downside?” Mather added that if the MLB was uncomfortable giving the title to a non-playoff team, they could retroactively award the 2001 Mariners the title instead.

55 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Nobody is doing that...seriously, quit being such a fucking knob all the time.  Can't you give us a winter break from your relentless nonsense and pick up in spring training like the players?

You know, stretch out a bit with some slight Pujols digs - "Whoa-ho, I bet you didn't know the aging player we signed 8 years ago to a 10 year...still has two years left!!!1!  Can you believe that?!"

And then follow up with some wind sprints - "You guys said something positive about Dipoto once!  Remember!!  REMEMBER!!!"

And then maybe play some interquad games before throwing down some real knowledge bombs like "The Angels got outbid by the Yankees for Gerrit Cole...I thought Arte was going 'all in'?!" and "Trout hasn't been to playoffs since 2014, Whah!!!!" and "Yacht fUeL!!!"

I'm just saying pace yourself...in order to be a sustainable troll you have to pick and choose your moments otherwise you won't have the energy to complain about what we didn't get after trading deadline. 

I actually enjoyed this. Well done Sir.

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

I think people are conveniently using the Astros cheating as a diversion from our own issues. We lost a life to a drug scandal, lost 90 games, fired coaches and our  manager, didn’t get our biggest free agent target and still need pitching help BUT THE ASTROS CHEATED!!!

yeah.  because we never talked about any of that other stuff.  

you have literally become a narrative bot.  there are literally like 3 things your narrative engine allows you to talk about at any given time and your programming forces every discussion to one of those three things.  

22 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

yeah.  because we never talked about any of that other stuff.  

you have literally become a narrative bot.  there are literally like 3 things your narrative engine allows you to talk about at any given time and your programming forces every discussion to one of those three things.  

@RendZone I hate to say this, but it's true. 

I can understand being objective on all things Angels related, but when all I read is negativity it almost reads like you are completely separate from the human I know offline. Like you have a split personality, an online troll and an offline decent human being. 

Really don't know what to say anymore.. 

sad give up GIF

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

It’s safe to say that If the Mariners were cheating, no one would notice or care.

This is the baseball equivalent of “if a tree falls in the Forrest and no one is there to hear it, could the mariners still finish above .500?”

11 hours ago, RendZone said:

I think people are conveniently using the Astros cheating as a diversion from our own issues. 

Does that include the rest of mlb, and its fans? Because literally nobody else is talking about skaggs and our record, or coaches being fired. But everybody is talking about the astros.

Solid take.