• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

10 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm not one of those people who is allergic or sensitive to stuff, so I'm comfortable that after 100 million doses I'll be ok with it.

Some reason this reminded me of in boot camp I talked in line when we were getting our shots so they made me go back and get a second.  Was in the base hospital for a week, they almost killed me. 

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

8 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

literally everything

Everything was cool on Earth until cramp couldn't shut his damn mouth in boot camp.

Come to think about it, after getting out of the hospital, when I marched I had a limp and the Drill Sergeant would yell quit limping.  They fucked me all up. 

58 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Some reason this reminded me of in boot camp I talked in line when we were getting our shots so they made me go back and get a second.  Was in the base hospital for a week, they almost killed me. 

27 minutes ago, cals said:

I think you may need a lawyer....

@wopphil

59 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Come to think about it, after getting out of the hospital, when I marched I had a limp and the Drill Sergeant would yell quit limping.  They fucked me all up. 

42 minutes ago, cals said:

15 minutes ago, Kevin said:

...and a doctor.

@fan_since79

57 minutes ago, cals said:

Luckily my service time was late 70's and no wars and I have all kinds of funny stories but it was more like a Billy Murray or John Candy movie then.  People enlisted have not been as fortunate since those days.  They were even sending people home from boot camp giving them an AR635 or something, "can't handle military life" because they couldn't qualify with their rifle or even learn the chain of command.  I used to help tutor guys.  I was pretty fortunate to be in that age group at that time.  

53 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

3 birdies yesterday.  One was a 185 yard line drive worm burner 2 feet from the cup. 

Talking about worm burners.  I've been playing golf for 40 years.  Never got a hole in one.  My buddy who is like a 36 handicap has had 2.  One was a line drive right of the hole, that hit a rake, ricocheted 90 degrees to the left and in the hole.  God likes to torture me. 

6 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Luckily my service time was late 70's and no wars and I have all kinds of funny stories but it was more like a Billy Murray or John Candy movie then.  People enlisted have not been as fortunate since those days.  They were even sending people home from boot camp giving them an AR635 or something, "can't handle military life" because they couldn't qualify with their rifle or even learn the chain of command.  I used to help tutor guys.  I was pretty fortunate to be in that age group at that time.  

Dude, the US military is a joke. I appreciate your service, but the fact that you're basically in a concentration camp is just heinous.

You almost died because you spoke when you shouldn't have. Think about that for a second. Make your bed wrong and then you have to run until your lungs give out. Then you naturally wake up incredibly sore in the morning and if you slack off because of it, you get punished again.

I get that the military is trying to build strong soldiers in case a war breaks out, but this shit is borderline inhumane.

Maybe I'm being hyperbolic here but even the stories I hear today from guys in the Marines/army are absurd. 

Anyone else serve in the army? I'd love to hear your opinions because frankly it sounds like a nightmare. And regardless of the BS the soldiers go through in basic, they still come home with serious mental disorders. So what's the point of guys screaming in your face because your fucking bed wasn't made perfectly?

Fuck. Someone tell me I'm wrong here. Please.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Dude, the US military is a joke. I appreciate your service, but the fact that you're basically in a concentration camp is just heinous.

You almost died because you spoke when you shouldn't have. Think about that for a second. Make your bed wrong and then you have to run until your lungs give out. Then you naturally wake up incredibly sore in the morning and if you slack off because of it, you get punished again.

I get that the military is trying to build strong soldiers in case a war breaks out, but this shit is borderline inhumane.

Maybe I'm being hyperbolic here but even the stories I hear today from guys in the Marines/army are absurd. 

Anyone else serve in the army? I'd love to hear your opinions because frankly it sounds like a nightmare. And regardless of the BS the soldiers go through in basic, they still come home with serious mental disorders. So what's the point of guys screaming in your face because your fucking bed wasn't made perfectly?

You watch too many movies 

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Talking about worm burners.  I've been playing golf for 40 years.  Never got a hole in one.  My buddy who is like a 36 handicap has had 2.  One was a line drive right of the hole, that hit a rake, ricocheted 90 degrees to the left and in the hole.  God likes to torture me. 

lol, I have had 3, all on the same hole at my local course.  I did almost make one somewhere at some fancy course where I slammed one off the side of the house by the green and it shot onto the green and needed about one more turn to go in.   

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's exactly like a cult.

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, most of that comes from reddit, so it's taken with a grain of salt.

Do you have experience or at least an anecdote to prove my rambling nonsense wrong?

I was bored to death in basic training. And from what I understand it’s pretty soft now. They can ask for a timeout if it gets too intense. 

8 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I was bored to death in basic training. And from what I understand it’s pretty soft now. They can ask for a timeout if it gets too intense. 

Lol so like a safe word?

I didn't know that. But what happened to Kurt is unacceptable. Glad they've changed that bullshit.

36 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I was not in the military but have family members and lots of friends that have been. Not one has made any statements of regret or gave any nightmare experiences in the way you describe it.