• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I was not in the military but have family members and lots of friends that have been. Not one has made any statements of regret or gave any nightmare experiences in the way you describe it. 

Tbf I just watched Full Metal Jacket so you know.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Dude, the US military is a joke. I appreciate your service, but the fact that you're basically in a concentration camp is just heinous.

You almost died because you spoke when you shouldn't have. Think about that for a second. Make your bed wrong and then you have to run until your lungs give out. Then you naturally wake up incredibly sore in the morning and if you slack off because of it, you get punished again.

I get that the military is trying to build strong soldiers in case a war breaks out, but this shit is borderline inhumane.

Maybe I'm being hyperbolic here but even the stories I hear today from guys in the Marines/army are absurd. 

Anyone else serve in the army? I'd love to hear your opinions because frankly it sounds like a nightmare. And regardless of the BS the soldiers go through in basic, they still come home with serious mental disorders. So what's the point of guys screaming in your face because your fucking bed wasn't made perfectly?

Fuck. Someone tell me I'm wrong here. Please.

I see what you are saying, as I said I was lucky to be in that time after Vietnam and the forever wars started. I still give to Wounded Warriors and other programs thankful I never experienced what they did.  I was even supposed to go to Germany and learn engineering and ended up at Fort Knox as a tank scout.  There was a bunch of us from all over they glitched, even one guy who's whole family had been in the Army band who showed up with his trumpet. We just got shit faced at strip clubs in Louisville for 6 months waiting for the new basic for tank people to start. Kicker was they got a $5k signing bonus and we didn't because we were just sent there.  I went to the IG at Fort Knox and demanded we all get the $5k.  He said son where you from, California, what can you do, work on cars, I was at Fort Ord in a week running the auto pool hanging on the beach. I didn't re-up and was making $80k a year in a body shop in Northern Cali in the early 80's.  I walked to the bank and got CD's and IRA's because I could live on $10k a year and reason I just retired.  I was lucky, all their blunders got me kick started in life. 

Just now, Crampknees said:

That's those old man Cleveland's I showed you.  The miss will line drive the distance. 

I keep trying to find my correct swing. I felt like I was close a few months ago but diligent practice at the driving range has increased the distance from that goal. No added distance to my hits. Golf is harder than Basic if you keep your mouth shut. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorBot said:

Side effect of double vaccine dose in the 70s is chronic cramping of the knees.

Nope, that was city league basketball when you had no skills but modeled yourself after Kurt Rambis and spent the whole time bouncing off the bleachers.  They called me simonize because I was always mopping the floor.  Two ACL tears and an Achilles tear later I hate city league basketball worse than boot camp.  

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I keep trying to find my correct swing. I felt like I was close a few months ago but diligent practice at the driving range has increased the distance from that goal. No added distance to my hits. Golf is harder than Basic if you keep your mouth shut. 

This girl, I do better at lessons from a woman, has me at this back to third base swing out to first.  Striking it out at first is where it gets the lt spin and draws.  My 56 degree and clubs are hitting and doing the yoyo action thing on the green which I have never done.  Problem is if you are off to my right and I miss the first base part you need to be Neo in the Matrix to not get hit.  

3 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

This girl, I do better at lessons from a woman, has me at this back to third base swing out to first.  Striking it out at first is where it gets the lt spin and draws.  My 56 degree and clubs are hitting and doing the yoyo action thing on the green which I have never done.  Problem is if you are off to my right and I miss the first base part you need to be Neo in the Matrix to not get hit.  

Oh, and if you think 56 degree clubs are something.  I went to a three wedge system, and I'm using a 62 degree sand wedge with bounce.  Had it custom built on of all places Ebay.  Mizuno clubs through Mizuno btw, and got it in a week.  It is absolutely amazing around the greens.  Even a short chip downhill will pop up and stop on the green.  And with the bounce, relatively no fear of the club digging into the ground.  Plus it's a beautiful club at address.

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Oh, and if you think 56 degree clubs are something.  I went to a three wedge system, and I'm using a 62 degree sand wedge with bounce.  Had it custom built on of all places Ebay.  Mizuno clubs through Mizuno btw, and got it in a week.  It is absolutely amazing around the greens.  Even a short chip downhill will pop up and stop on the green.  And with the bounce, relatively no fear of the club digging into the ground.  Plus it's a beautiful club at address.

wow, a 62.  I tried this guys 60 from about 60 yds and it went straight up about 20. Far as Paige, I would just bring my cooler and lawn chair and watch for lessons. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

I was bored to death in basic training. And from what I understand it’s pretty soft now. They can ask for a timeout if it gets too intense. 

To be fair you (and I) were in the Air Force where Basic Training is probably not very tough.

Basic Training is just a mental game. Yeah you avoid getting yelled at by doing what you're told.

It's not hard.

12 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

wow, a 62.  I tried this guys 60 from about 60 yds and it went straight up about 20. Far as Paige, I would just bring my cooler and lawn chair and watch for lessons. 

Surprisingly, I hit the 62 about 70 yards.  So there is the added bonus of not having to rely on my 54 sand wedge too much around the greens.  But yeah, I do have that fear that I'll brain myself on a shot one of these days.

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Surprisingly, I hit the 62 about 70 yards.  So there is the added bonus of not having to rely on my 54 sand wedge too much around the greens.  But yeah, I do have that fear that I'll brain myself on a shot one of these days.

May have to try one around 60-62.  I do like the clubs I can open the face and take a full swing. I have a 52 but rarely use it unless trying to do a bump into the hill like on TV but has a low success rate and usually ends up off the green on the other side. 

7 hours ago, Crampknees said:

Some reason this reminded me of in boot camp I talked in line when we were getting our shots so they made me go back and get a second.  Was in the base hospital for a week, they almost killed me. 

yes anthrax was supposed to be a 6 shot cycle with a yearly booster. i managed to take 39 shots and never completed the cycle