• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

14 minutes ago, Adam said:

It really comes down to what we value more. Freedom and liberty or health and safety. With this pandemic, I don't think the two can exist together. 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

It really comes down to what we value more. Freedom and liberty or health and safety. With this pandemic, I don't think the two can exist together. 

And it’s fine to have different values. 

15 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

As of October they reported the financial impact of COVID had pushed 8M us families into poverty.  Outlook across the globe isn't any better https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2020/10/07/covid-19-to-add-as-many-as-150-million-extreme-poor-by-2021

Meanwhile, the rich get richer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/billionaires-net-worth-increases-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-7

I think about all the high school kids that would’ve otherwise passed and graduated who flunked out or will flunk out this school year and all the kids in lower grades who are now on a path to finish schooling worse off than they would have otherwise. The real impact on poverty won’t be able to measured for 15-20 years.

Mortality isn’t the only important metric.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I think about all the high school kids that would’ve otherwise passed and graduated who flunked out or will flunk out this school year and all the kids in lower grades who are now on a path to finish schooling worse off than they would have otherwise. The real impact on poverty won’t be able to measured for 15-20 years.

Mortality isn’t the only important metric.

Let's face it, those type of kids weren't going to light the world on fire anyway.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

i went to two grocery stores today. no limits on how many were let in at a time. no social distancing at the self checkout either.

#inconsistencies

This is crazy. Every store I've been to has distancing measures in place.

The only way we'll get our freedom's back is if people demand them.

In a reversal, California says playgrounds can remain open under COVID-19 restrictions

Following outcry from parents and some legislators, California has reversed course on closing playgrounds to contain a surge in coronavirus cases.

According to the updated state guidance, which was released Wednesday morning, “playgrounds may remain open to facilitate physically distanced personal health and wellness through outdoor exercise” — an about-face from the previously announced rules, which stated they would be closed in regions where critical care services were strained due to COVID-19.

Officials with the California Department of Public Health did not immediately comment on the rationale behind the change.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-09/california-playgrounds-stay-open-covid-19-restrictions

16 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

The dems just voted down the latest stimulus package.

forgive me if I don’t trust one of the wolves

Which one did the Dems vote down? The current one passed the House and is waiting on McConnell's slimy hands to carry it to the floor.

Can I stop wearing a mask after getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

No. For a couple reasons, masks and social distancing will still be recommended for some time after people are vaccinated.

To start, the first coronavirus vaccines require two shots; Pfizer’s second dose comes three weeks after the first and Moderna’s comes after four weeks. And the effect of vaccinations generally aren't immediate.

People are expected to get some level of protection within a couple of weeks after the first shot. But full protection may not happen until a couple weeks after the second shot.

It's also not yet known whether the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines protect people from infection entirely, or just from symptoms. That means vaccinated people might still be able to get infected and pass the virus on, although it would likely be at a much lower rate, said Deborah Fuller, a vaccine expert at the University of Washington.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

No. For a couple reasons, masks and social distancing will still be recommended for some time after people are vaccinated.

To start, the first coronavirus vaccines require two shots; Pfizer’s second dose comes three weeks after the first and Moderna’s comes after four weeks. And the effect of vaccinations generally aren't immediate.

People are expected to get some level of protection within a couple of weeks after the first shot. But full protection may not happen until a couple weeks after the second shot.

It's also not yet known whether the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines protect people from infection entirely, or just from symptoms. That means vaccinated people might still be able to get infected and pass the virus on, although it would likely be at a much lower rate, said Deborah Fuller, a vaccine expert at the University of Washington.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info!