• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I heard a doctor the other day say that 85% ICU occupancy is the “sweet spot.” It’s where the hospital isn’t overwhelmed yet can it can make maximum profit. If the hospitals are so desperate why haven’t they asked for the mercy ships? I’ll give you a hint, they’re doing just fine. 

Was this in a restaurant?

Wife and I were tested today. Daughter was tested yesterday. Should have results in 3-5 days. Test was simple, and we did it ourselves in the car at a drive up pharmacy in Burbank. Nasal swab but not the deep plunge one that tickles your brain. 

One of the kids tested positive at my daughters preschool so they’ve closed until January.

53 minutes ago, Tank said:

Wife and I were tested today. Daughter was tested yesterday. Should have results in 3-5 days. Test was simple, and we did it ourselves in the car at a drive up pharmacy in Burbank. Nasal swab but not the deep plunge one that tickles your brain. 

One of the kids tested positive at my daughters preschool so they’ve closed until January.

The brain tickler wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Who knows if these tests are even accurate anyway. 

I can sympathize with small businesses fighting for their lives and if restaurants want to have outdoor dining or hair salons want to let people in the back door, I am good with that.  They’re all trying to be safe and are using good protocols. I haven’t seen any evidence that they’re causing the surge.

I just make my own choice to not eat out, avoid crowds, social distance, etc. My wife (mostly) and I (when I’m not working) are the primary caregivers for my MIL and we are keeping her safe.

I’m bored as hell. I watch more TV than ever, wear a mask every time I go out for essential and find ways to get through this. I Don’t see friends, etc. - but my family and I are safe and healthy and that is all that matters right now.

What others choose to do is up to them. Everyone has to do what’s best for their family. If you take risks, that’s on you. 

I have no idea what I would do if I was a small business owner impacted by the pandemic. Some of them are fighting for their lives. I’m fortunate I don’t have to.

Now, I do have a problem with those who are having large gatherings and not being safe. That’s just irresponsible. 

This is all new for everyone and people are trying to figure it out. Mistakes are going to be made, but use some common sense.

The biggest problem is that people are selfish. Everything is about them. If people thought of others, this would be a lot easier.

Now, excuse me - I have to get ready to go protest the lack of Hot Stove news. We are gathering outside the Big A. Who’s with me?

10 hours ago, wopphil said:

If it is such a joke, what do you make of the hospital occupancy? Do you have no concern that there are no hospital beds available in so many hospitals? And if you get the virus and need to be hospitalized, are you going to give up your bed for someone who actually tried to avoid getting the virus? 

If you read the article I posted, hospital occupancy is going to continue to shoot up.  Because essential workers are the one's causing the rise in cases.  And for them, it's business as usual.

4 minutes ago, calscuf said:

You have to wonder when places are going to have different rules for vaccinated.  Like bars and restaurants “Vaccinated and Recovered Welcome to Dine Inside”.

@gotbeer will be standing at the window, watching the indoor merriment with a sad look on his face.

I'll be indoors.  With a shotgun, weedwacker, and machette nearby as the zombie horde walks by.  You were my first round pick man.  You are supposed to have my back.  Don't make me trade you for MT.  He's probably well armed up north.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I'll be indoors.  With a shotgun, weedwacker, and machette nearby as the zombie horde walks by.  You were my first round pick man.  You are supposed to have my back.  Don't make me trade you for MT.  He's probably well armed up north.

I am probably the only Montanan without a gun.

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I am probably the only Montanan without a gun.

I heard a story about when Christina Aguilera came to Billings several years ago. She had previously said during an interview that she wished she could cancel that stop on her trip because the people in Billings are a bunch of hicks.  

When she arrived for her concert in Billings, at the beginning of the show the crowd proceeded to prove how much they weren't hicks by booing and throwing beer bottles at the stage.

Can't say she didn't deserve it.

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I heard a story about when Christina Aguilera came to Billings several years ago. She had previously said during an interview that she wished she could cancel that stop on her trip because the people in Billings are a bunch of hicks.  

When she arrived for her concert in Billings, at the beginning of the show the crowd proceeded to prove how much they weren't hicks by booing and throwing beer bottles at the stage.

I'd say that proves they are hicks. 

24 minutes ago, Taylor said:

TightGenuineGnat-size_restricted.gif

She should have sung Rawhide.