• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

On 5/14/2020 at 9:01 AM, Fireball said:

Well my mother passed last week at a hospice home in Cali.  They had to put her on oxygen, etc. and was interested to see what they called it due to all this.  Complications from Alzheimer's is what her death was listed as.  I guess I will never know if somebody else tallied her up as covid. 

just now seeing this. condolences, Kurt. I hope your happy memories of her outweigh the loss.

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Hospitals are utilizing contamination areas for anyone with symptoms. The rest of the hospital is business as usual with masks and distancing enforced. I actually had my gall bladder removed last week and it went pretty smoothly. 

Good times. Did you get to keep it?

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

There's a hotline for anyone with symptoms and they're told to call then stay put and the medical team will come to them. 

It's Ramadan so they've given a 5 PM to 9 AM curfew in most places with the most affected areas on full lockdown. Businesses are allowed to open but there's an enforcement agency for the rules. Every open business has to provide masks and sanitizer at the door and enforce distancing. Lots of places taking temps as well.

I have an exemption letter since I work for the Defense Ministry but it's only good on a direct route to and from the base to my compound. Any violator gets a 10,000 riyal ($2,700) fine for first offense and it's doubled after that.

Hospitals are utilizing contamination areas for anyone with symptoms. The rest of the hospital is business as usual with masks and distancing enforced. I actually had my gall bladder removed last week and it went pretty smoothly. 

The causeway bridge is closed and has been since March 7. No airlines operating but there are a limited number of repatriation flights operating. A one way to JFK costs $1600 for cattle car and $3000 for business class. You have to sign up with the consulate and get on the waiting list.

Bahrain is less restrictive but I don't know all the details

I was always curious about this and never asked or talked to anyone about it. How do you handle this? Can you still go about your day or do you abide by their rules? I'm guessing like quarantine, you just book your day of when stores are open?

Always curious how this works for Americans over there during this time.

3 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Pretty sure we are not undercounted. I do wonder how they figured out toll could be 10 times higher. A little over 1 million Americans have died this year. Corona would have to be responsible for 80-90 % of all deaths. 

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I was always curious about this and never asked or talked to anyone about it. How do you handle this? Can you still go about your day or do you abide by their rules? I'm guessing like quarantine, you just book your day of when stores are open?

Always curious how this works for Americans over there during this time.

They generally flip the store hours to accommodate their night schedule. All the restaurants and coffee shops are closed until after the Magrib prayer. We don’t eat in front of them or brew coffee in the office but just put a sign on the door indicating “non-Muslim break room”. Most of them don’t care what we do but there’s always a few crybabies. 

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

They generally flip the store hours to accommodate their night schedule. All the restaurants and coffee shops are closed until after the Magrib prayer. We don’t eat in front of them or brew coffee in the office but just put a sign on the door indicating “non-Muslim break room”. Most of them don’t care what we do but there’s always a few crybabies. 

I was always under the impression that fasting lasted the entirety of ramadan, or at least something close to that . . . at least several days. then I had a devout muslim student one year and was asking her about it. she said they only fasted during daylight hours and once sundown arrived, you could eat like usual. I felt a bit disappointed by that news.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

I was always under the impression that fasting lasted the entirety of ramadan, or at least something close to that . . . at least several days. then I had a devout muslim student one year and was asking her about it. she said they only fasted during daylight hours and once sundown arrived, you could eat like usual. I felt a bit disappointed by that news.

Fasting ends after the Magrib prayer. The streets are a madhouse for about 45 minutes leading up to prayer time while they all scramble off to their favorite mosque. Then from just before the prayer call until about half hour past it’s a ghost town on the streets. You might see 2 or 3 cars on your whole drive 

1 hour ago, angelinkc said:

Pretty sure we are not undercounted. I do wonder how they figured out toll could be 10 times higher. A little over 1 million Americans have died this year. Corona would have to be responsible for 80-90 % of all deaths. 

They're referring to total cases, not the death toll. C'mon, man.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:01 AM, Fireball said:

Well my mother passed last week at a hospice home in Cali.  They had to put her on oxygen, etc. and was interested to see what they called it due to all this.  Complications from Alzheimer's is what her death was listed as.  I guess I will never know if somebody else tallied her up as covid. 

I'm so sorry, Kurt. Alzheimer's blows so much.