• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

We’ve been through this before. We just weren’t idiots about it. 

“It was like the pandemic hadn’t even happened if you look for it in history books,” he said. “I am still shocked at how differently people addressed — or maybe even ignored it — in 1968 compared to 2020.”

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/why-life-went-on-as-normal-during-the-killer-pandemic-of-1969/

25 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

We’ve been through this before. We just weren’t idiots about it. 

“It was like the pandemic hadn’t even happened if you look for it in history books,” he said. “I am still shocked at how differently people addressed — or maybe even ignored it — in 1968 compared to 2020.”

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/why-life-went-on-as-normal-during-the-killer-pandemic-of-1969/

The article goes on to say...

“If I were 48 in 1968, I would have most likely served in World War II,” said Moir. “I would have had a little brother who served in Korea, and possibly might have a son or daughter fighting in Vietnam.” Death, he said, was a bigger and in some ways more accepted part of American life.

But, even if people in 1968 had been told to stay home, it’s unlikely they would’ve protested, Moir said. Dining out, for instance, was a rare indulgence for most American families then. Today, “we spend as much eating out as we do preparing food at home,” Moir said.

In 2020, we feel that being denied music festivals and restaurants is an egregious attack on our liberty. “A big part of our freakout over COVID-19 is a reaction to everything in this country that we’ve taken for granted,” Moir said. “When it’s taken away, we lose our minds.”

41 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

If Eazy would have lived longer he would have won the lyrical battle against Dre. 

Callin' me Arnold, but you been-a-dick
Eazy-E saw your ass and went in it quick

Game Over. 

Coronavirus cases have yet to spike in US areas reopening, HHS head says

Officials have yet to see coronavirus cases spiking in states that are reopening, although it's still too early to determine such patterns, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said on Sunday.

“We are seeing that in places that are opening, we’re not seeing this spike in cases,” Azar said on CNN’s “State of the Union” program. “We still see spikes in some areas that are, in fact, closed.”

Azar said it will take time to identify and report new cases throughout the U.S., according to Reuters. The virus reportedly has up to a 14-day incubation period, which could also create a delay in determining when people might be infected.

China under-reported number of coronavirus cases, Chinese medical advisor says

A second wave of infections is seen as a dangerous possibility in China after five new coronavirus cases were reported on Saturday, including three that were locally transmitted, a report said.

No new COVID-19 deaths have been reported in China in more than a month, although some have been announced retroactively after further tests were performed, and 82 people remain in treatment while another 450 are under isolation and monitoring as suspected cases or after testing positive for the virus without showing symptoms.

China has reported a total of 4,634 deaths among 82,954 cases since the virus was first detected in the central industrial city of Wuhan. Those numbers could be seen as undercounted because the country doesn't include people who were tested and found to be asymptomatic.

Zhong Nanshan, a senior medical advisor in China, acknowledged the country initially under-reported the number of infections in Wuhan -- while describing the potential second wave as a "big challenge," according to Reuters.

4 hours ago, well_red said:

Crazy that he wrote These Days while a student at Sunny Hills.  I went in the 90's and there was an English teacher still around who had him as a student.

To be honest, he only spent his senior year at Sunny Hills. But since he walked cap & gown as a lancer we get to claim him.