• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

10 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

This is kinda what we're seeing here.

Whereas before a patient with COVID in the hospital was 9 out of 10 times there for treatment due to COVID-19, so far with this group it seems to me to be about 40% incidental cases.

The problem is that people are really fudging sick in general. There's just not enough people to take care of them.

makes you wonder if what happened a few years ago is catching up to people.  The Media/government scared people so much on the first go around of Covid making it sound like hospitals were filled to the gills with Covid patients, that when they had that heart problem or whatever ailment.  They didn't go to the ER like they used to.  I think they were saying that during the initial Covid scare, ER's were saying that their heart related admissions dropped like 50-75%.  And that doesn't just magically go away.  Now, a year later, it's coming to bite all those people that ignored what they went through a year ago.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

makes you wonder if what happened a few years ago is catching up to people.  The Media/government scared people so much on the first go around of Covid making it sound like hospitals were filled to the gills with Covid patients, that when they had that heart problem or whatever ailment.  They didn't go to the ER like they used to.  I think they were saying that during the initial Covid scare, ER's were saying that their heart related admissions dropped like 50-75%.  And that doesn't just magically go away.  Now, a year later, it's coming to bite all those people that ignored what they went through a year ago.

That's exactly what happened. There were times when hospitals were packed to the rafters with COVID, it just wasn't when everyone, everywhere was locked down at the start of the pandemic. It's been going on for a year or so now, and COVID hasn't let up. So many people have been burnt out in healthcare. It's this guy's time:

R.jpeg-11.jpg

As I mentioned last week my wife had cold symptoms the day after Christmas and became quite ill the day after that. Fever, headache, fatigue, cough, sneezing, etc. It never got to the point where I became worried but she was in bed with whatever it was.

I was able to locate some antigen home test kits and on the third day of her illness she tested negative. Her fever broke that night.

A couple days later she was feeling better and tested negative again but it was also a rapid test administered by Walgreens.

Now she's mostly fine but has a bit of a lingering cough.

I never had a symptom, go figure.

FWIW I had pretty intense reactions to my 2nd/3rd vaccine dose and she had essentially no reaction.

36 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

That's incorrect. The rush to put people on vents was slowed rather early on here in the US. Providers and staff were questioning the emphasis on vents by April of 2020. By the time we had our first surge here in summer 2020, putting a patient on a vent was an absolute last ditch thing. We would try just about everything else available to us first. Blaming large numbers of deaths on vents after like May if 2020 seems like bullcrap to me.

Remdesivir has probably harmed some people and had limited benefit for others. The data on its efficacy is shaky. It does look like it may actually be of benefit when administered before hospitalization is necessary, but there are better alternatives.

I actually agree that the approach to therapeutics has been piss poor. They should have been studying shit way earlier than now. If course it's all about $$$$.

With that said, vaccines are what has been available and should NEVER been politicized as they were. They've been insanely effective to this point at preventing severe cases and death. They're certainly not perfect, but they saved a shit ton of lives and could have saved more.

Our healthcare system was messed up before, but acute care settings are truly fucked staffing wise for quite a while from here on out.

We have got to do better and it starts with making people healthier in general.

Damn I mostly agree with you. That’s a pretty honest and accurate analysis. Biden had a huge opportunity. He should have shit canned Fauci and brought in a neutral voice. He should have opened up everything from Iver to Iranian ass oil if the patient desired. He should have opened the market for vaccines and therapeutics. Right to try would have went a long way towards bringing anti vaxers on board. Sadly he continued to run that Italian Barney Rubble out every Sunday to fear monger. He was to be the adult in the room and the moderate uniting force but he’s been more toxic with his rhetoric than trump.  

Fauci really needs to be held accountable for his actions. That man is responsible for a lot of deaths and is an insult to the hard working medical professionals that went through hell to save lives. 

Just now, Jay said:

Fauci isn't doing any real work he's just a mouthpiece.

True but he is driving the narrative and guidance from the cdc to the fda. If the dems truly wanted to bring people together his ass would be long gone. He’s essentially BLM without the skirt wearing, looting, and arson. He can piss off working class white people faster than 100 black thugs burning the circle k. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

As I mentioned last week my wife had cold symptoms the day after Christmas and became quite ill the day after that. Fever, headache, fatigue, cough, sneezing, etc. It never got to the point where I became worried but she was in bed with whatever it was.

I was able to locate some antigen home test kits and on the third day of her illness she tested negative. Her fever broke that night.

A couple days later she was feeling better and tested negative again but it was also a rapid test administered by Walgreens.

Now she's mostly fine but has a bit of a lingering cough.

I never had a symptom, go figure.

FWIW I had pretty intense reactions to my 2nd/3rd vaccine dose and she had essentially no reaction.

I wouldn't bank on it having been COVID, though it's likely.

Case(s) in point: went on a trip with families from my family in early December. One fam came down sick during the trip and tested negative for COVID on rapids, then upon returning home a kid from another family came down sick and tested negative. We figured it there was a decent chance it was COVID still. 3 weeks later that kid's family actually got hit with and tested positive for COVID.

Last week at work TONS of staff have had COVID. Nobody on our unit incredibly sick. One of our nurses came down ill with respiratory symptoms and feeling like shit. Naturally we assumed it was COVID. Nope. Positive for RSV, neg for COVID.

Also, we're seeing some cases of parainfluenza type 3, which I've not seen much of prior to this year.

So, likely yes. Certain? No.

Everyone on our school campus beginning Monday has to provide evidence of a negative test since January 1. We had a company come on to campus this afternoon to give a free test to anyone who wanted. Stood in line almost two hours for mine. 

It’ll be interesting to see how many kids are on campus Monday, as well as how many are not. 

My men’s chorus had two concerts scheduled for next weekend but our board decided not to go through with them during the surge, so they’re postponed to another time. 

7 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I wouldn't bank on it having been COVID, though it's likely.

Case(s) in point: went on a trip with families from my family in early December. One fam came down sick during the trip and tested negative for COVID on rapids, then upon returning home a kid from another family came down sick and tested negative. We figured it there was a decent chance it was COVID still. 3 weeks later that kid's family actually got hit with and tested positive for COVID.

Last week at work TONS of staff have had COVID. Nobody on our unit incredibly sick. One of our nurses came down ill with respiratory symptoms and feeling like shit. Naturally we assumed it was COVID. Nope. Positive for RSV, neg for COVID.

Also, we're seeing some cases of parainfluenza type 3, which I've not seen much of prior to this year.

So, likely yes. Certain? No.

It would be funny if after all this Covid hysteria, and mask wearing.  That the flu came back deadlier than ever because it was forced to be non existent in 2020, and adapted.

BTW.  What's everyone's thoughts on Novak Djokovic?  If you haven't heard.  He got an exemption to enter Australia without a vaccine, but after the outcry from all the Karens, it was revoked.  So he's on a deportation hearing, stuck in some hotel in quarantine.  Guess he had a hearing and his lawyers state his exemption was because he had the Rona in December.  

I think this is one of those things that will become the new battleground.  Especially in the US where everyone has been brainwashed on Vaccine or else.  I know people that won't get the vaccine (before Larry), because they have had the Rona already and have "natural immunity".  If the antivax movement pivots to this direction, especially with Omicron being everywhere, it's going to be one messy fight.

10 hours ago, RallyMo said:

That's incorrect. The rush to put people on vents was slowed rather early on here in the US. Providers and staff were questioning the emphasis on vents by April of 2020. By the time we had our first surge here in summer 2020, putting a patient on a vent was an absolute last ditch thing. We would try just about everything else available to us first. Blaming large numbers of deaths on vents after like May if 2020 seems like bullcrap to me.

Remdesivir has probably harmed some people and had limited benefit for others. The data on its efficacy is shaky. It does look like it may actually be of benefit when administered before hospitalization is necessary, but there are better alternatives.

I actually agree that the approach to therapeutics has been piss poor. They should have been studying shit way earlier than now. If course it's all about $$$$.

With that said, vaccines are what has been available and should NEVER been politicized as they were. They've been insanely effective to this point at preventing severe cases and death. They're certainly not perfect, but they saved a shit ton of lives and could have saved more.

Our healthcare system was messed up before, but acute care settings are truly fucked staffing wise for quite a while from here on out.

We have got to do better and it starts with making people healthier in general.

That’s a lot of words to say “stop being fat you fat fucks”

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

BTW.  What's everyone's thoughts on Novak Djokovic?  If you haven't heard.  He got an exemption to enter Australia without a vaccine, but after the outcry from all the Karens, it was revoked.  So he's on a deportation hearing, stuck in some hotel in quarantine.  Guess he had a hearing and his lawyers state his exemption was because he had the Rona in December.  

I think this is one of those things that will become the new battleground.  Especially in the US where everyone has been brainwashed on Vaccine or else.  I know people that won't get the vaccine (before Larry), because they have had the Rona already and have "natural immunity".  If the antivax movement pivots to this direction, especially with Omicron being everywhere, it's going to be one messy fight.

25% of people will not get it until the cops forcefully inject them

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Everyone should have to play by the same rules, even if those rules are stupid.

California tells COVID-positive health care employees to get back to work

The California Department of Public Health issued new guidance allowing hospitals and health networks to force COVID-postive healthcare workers to continue working if they are asymptomatic. 

"The department is providing temporary flexibility to help hospitals and emergency services providers respond to an unprecedented surge and staffing shortages. Hospitals have to exhaust all other options before resorting to this temporary tool. Facilities and providers using this tool, should have asymptomatic COVID-19 positive workers interact only with COVID-19 positive patients to the extent possible," the health department said in a statement

The health department issued the guidance Saturday, and outlines that healthcare workers don’t have to isolate or test negative and can immediately return to work if they are asymptomatic. 

A new strain of the coronavirus appears to be a genetic fusion of currently known omicron and delta variants, a researcher claims.

The so-called "deltacron" strain pairs omicron genetic signatures with delta variant genomes, says Leondios Kostrikis, a professor of biological sciences at the University of Cyprus, according to CNBC.

While 25 cases of the uniquely recognizable strain have been found, Kostrikis predicted it will not last against the globally dominant omicron variant.

"We will see in the future if this strain is more pathological or more contagious or if it will prevail," he told Cyprus' Sigma TV on Friday, according to the report.

The delta variant, which once usurped the alpha coronavirus strain as the most popular, now accounts for just under 5% of new cases in the United States.

Omicron, however, is responsible for the other 95.4% of new cases, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

It took only about a month for delta to be dethroned by the omicron variant, which continues to surge across the U.S.  

health/omicron-delta-new-deltacron-strain-cyprus-professor  

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

The California Department of Public Health issued new guidance allowing hospitals and health networks to force COVID-postive healthcare workers to continue working if they are asymptomatic. 

"The department is providing temporary flexibility to help hospitals and emergency services providers respond to an unprecedented surge and staffing shortages. Hospitals have to exhaust all other options before resorting to this temporary tool. Facilities and providers using this tool, should have asymptomatic COVID-19 positive workers interact only with COVID-19 positive patients to the extent possible," the health department said in a statement

The health department issued the guidance Saturday, and outlines that healthcare workers don’t have to isolate or test negative and can immediately return to work if they are asymptomatic. 

I just hope they continue to ban unvaccinated workers. We have to be safe 

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

I guess if you can go back to work after testing positive this pandemic is over. You can't claim it is a dangerous contagion under the new guidelines. 

Woke up yesterday tired, nose running like a kegger party, one thing about covid is it made me realize I can't deny I have allergies.  I have had a runny nose since day 1 of covid.  Stick the thermometer to my head and 101.7.  Well fuck, I'll go upstairs in the room over the garage, have her 86 yr old father here who just had back surgery.  Lying there and thinking shit I feel fine so I jump on the elliptical for 15 minutes, hit the last minute hard and all I feel is wobbly legs stepping off.  Reset the thing and now it says 102.5, bullshit. My wife yells up need anything from the store and I glance down and she has a mask on.  Told her get me a digital thermometer you stick under your tongue.  Here you go, beep beep beep 97.8.  I had either the bad thermometer or dipshit can't operate a thermometer variant.