• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Are you suggesting iver hasn’t been used all over the world?

My response was to a ridiculous post that has nothing to do with some missguided therapeutic use of a horse dewormer in conjunction with national programs of vaccination. Stay focused on the statements posted and their individual reponses, even if it doesn't seque into your agenda. 

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Everything, and I mean everything I’ve read seems to indicate that ivermectin is not effective at helping alleviate Covid-19.  Sort of unfortunate that you guys are still talking about this.  The question was put to bed months ago.  Is Israel underperforming other countries ?  Are we talking about deaths ? 

Also, I don’t really disagree with some of you guys that are questioning the viability of an endless stream of shots.  I said so in a post on the previous page.  

Use a search engine other than google. Even highly vaccinated places like Japan. Saw increased success with iver. It really isn’t to rocket science and I’m not a chemists. However the recently approved phizer drug basically operates in the same fashion. 

Edited by Kotchman

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

My response was to a ridiculous post that has nothing to do with some missguided therapeutic use of a horse dewormer in conjunction with national programs of vaccination. Stay focused on the statements posted and their individual reponses, even if it doesn't seque into your agenda. 

You know only queer libs call it horse dewormer. Most educated individuals refer to iver as the Nobel winning miracle drug it has become. 

20 minutes ago, cals said:

I think we need to have a refresher course on human viral immunity.

So many of you “libertarian” boomers and general dipshits keep bitching about the vaccine, are clamoring for the vaccine to renamed something than “vaccine” since it’s not doing what you expected and/or are just having white guy or wanna be white guy PMS.

So let’s talk science: viruses attack cells.  Immunity (either natural or vaccine) can do 2 things.  (1) Stop viruses from entering cells, which totally stops infection.  This is done by antibodies.  In the case of the COVID vaccine it stops the spike proteins from “docking” with the cell and provides total protection.  No infection.  As we know antibody protection from both recovery and vaccines wanes.   (2) Attack the virus when/if it is able to get into the cell and infect it.  This is done through T cells.  Because T cells defeat the virus inside the infected cell the individual will still test positive and may have mild symptoms but is having an immune response inside infected cells that is many times better than a person who has no previous natural or vaccine exposure whose body has to try to figure out what to do.  In some cases the body doesn’t figure it out fast enough and the person gets very sick or dies.

So understand that vaccines don’t just provide antibody responses (which stop infection) but also prep your cells for the fight if infection occurs.

This explains why vaxxed and recovered people are testing positive but having good outcomes.  It also is a warning to those who haven’t recovered or been vaxxed that omicron isn’t necessarily less virulent.  It’s just infecting more people whose bodies are prepped to fight it.

I just want to see us use the whole arsenal. The carefree behavior or our politicians assures  us there is a damn near 100% cure out there. Vaccines are great but didn’t work well on aids and this virus can act like aids at times. Remember fauci pushed for an aids vaccine. When rich people started contracting hiv we quickly learned there were better means. I don’t think we should ever stop working towards a vaccine but it’s obvious this isn’t the end all vaccine. With any drug, too much of a good thing can be harmful. Im not really worried about me. I’ve been a Guinea pig. Im fat and I smoke. I would like alternatives and better vaccines for my son. It’s probably not healthy to shoot everyone up 3 -4 times a year from now to eternity.  Hell I’m even ok with saying fuck it and getting on with life with nothing. Currently we are just continuing the status quo and expecting better results. Better results may occur naturally through weakened strains but we likely aren’t going to vaccinate our way out the pandemic with the current vaccine. The western worlds collaborated effort to control medicine and information is concerning. It’s a damn shame how poorly we have performed versus third world countries. We have intellectual and financial superiority with a vaccine to boot yet we aren’t doing any better. In the past, Americans wouldn’t accept second place without questioning our strategy. Let’s be real Faucis record isn’t all that impressive. Hell, he hasn’t been any more accurate with his predictions than me and Im uneducated and half lit with most my posts 

Due to some contractual issues I’m stuck on the Saudi side this weekend. The Saudi government has put out the mask and distancing mandate effective yesterday in hopes of limiting gatherings for NYE among expats. I’ll be attending a small gathering with about 5 local nurses and their spouses. Since it’s just upstairs from my flat I can duck out any time 

5 minutes ago, cals said:

KC, I didn’t say anything about treatments.  Frankly I doubt the horse dewormer does much, but if you do that’s fine.  Hell, a year from now treatments may not be necessary for 99.9% of the population regardless.  

And let’s be honest, we aren’t losing the COVID war versus third world countries.  Those people are getting it and dying at a similar or higher rate as us, it’s just not reported.  They lack the resources and technology to accurately report cases and deaths.  It makes no medical or logical sense that people in shithole countries are getting infected or dying less.  It’s just that nobody gives a shit, including their own governments.  

You really think Denmark has the most cases per capita right now?  It’s just that they keep track of this shit a lot better than most.

I don’t doubt tracking is lacking in third world countries. However our country has likely over stated deaths. I don’t feel we are losing the war on covid. We are losing the war on individual freedom, stifling our economy ,and quality of life for a very mild disease that basically eradicated people on their death beds. Our government and Fauci will help Americans commit suicide yet they deny Americans access to potential life saving medicine. I don’t know if iver works or it doesn’t but it’s not for our government to decide. The fda and fauci shouldn’t have the end all authority for treatments. They’ve both been wrong before and both endorsed drugs for covid that resulted in unnecessary deaths. Why the objection to harmless drugs that maybe don’t work? Why the delay in rolling out other vaccines ? I personally think he’s an evil man but let’s say he isn’t. At a minimum he’s an unapologetic narcissist that has profited tremendously from the pandemic despite a below average performance.  Do we really think he wants this thing to end? His close minded approach isn’t going to lead to a permanent solution. He isn’t going to be on tv every day when it’s over. He’s the most important man in liberal America as long as this hangs around. An honorable man would have stepped aside long ago. If he had stepped aside for the vaccine roll out we probably have much higher vaccination rates. In the end the loss of liberty has done more long term damage to the country than covid. Hell our next dictator might come from the right and the left just  handed him a hell of a lot of power and a captive revenge seeking loons to support his cause. We would have been much better of losing another 600k Americans  to covid. We will be fighting lockdowns, forced injections , chips, and parental rights infringements from both sides until our demise is complete. Probably doesn’t fall in our lifetime but our kids and grandkids will reap the consequences of our cowardly short sided decisions 

17 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Due to some contractual issues I’m stuck on the Saudi side this weekend. The Saudi government has put out the mask and distancing mandate effective yesterday in hopes of limiting gatherings for NYE among expats. I’ll be attending a small gathering with about 5 local nurses and their spouses. Since it’s just upstairs from my flat I can duck out any time 

They could have prevented the lock down if they weren’t at war with Iran. I hear the Iranian ass oil cures covid 

7 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

They could have prevented the lock down if they weren’t at war with Iran. I hear the Iranian ass oil cures covid 

At the beginning of this it was the Saudi Shias who live in the Qatif area just north of me who were visiting Iran and returning through Bahrain that spiked the numbers here. That led to bridge closure for 10 months so fuck all of them for ruining my routine 

10 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

AWESOME!!! Other Countries have dumped the Vaccine and are going straight Ivermectin.... OK? Is this proof of Science? Or, proof of the tv commercials in 15 years.... Were you coerced into taking 6 doses of the PHIZER COVID-19 Vaccine in 2022 at one time???? You may be able to gain $$$ from this settlement.

Come again

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Happy New Year!

image.jpeg