• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If the Angels trade for an ACE

27 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I would be very happy getting Sale.  I think he is a warrior.  Sign me up.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Even with the PRP injection last season?  I am pretty sure that is the same thing Richards and Ohtani both got prior to TJ surgery.  If I was sure his elbow was healthy then it is a no brainer.

hey, if he's gonna need TJ surgery he might as well have it with us. you always want to go with the most experienced team around for something like this.

6 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Sale is too risky and the contract is too long. 

Price scares me, I feel like at his age and given his performance last year he's hit that inflection point in his career where he starts to tail off. Would not trade anyone any prospects of consequence for him.

No to Boyd.

Gray's away splits are actually worse than his home splits which is worrying.

Syndergaard is probably the only guy mentioned that I'd take a chance on for Marsh. The other guys don't seem meaningfully better than what we could get on the free agent market. 

1). What was available in free agency is completely irrelevant now.

2). Man, I just can digest this idea that Marsh is so special that the only way you trade him is for Syndergaard.  (For the record I would love to have Syndergaard.)

Just saying Marsh is a really good prospect, but absolutely completely tradeable to solve this pitching problem.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

How about a 31 year old guy that made it back from surgery and was hitting 96 on the gun getting paid $7.75m for 2020?

Do I dare even mention his name?  42nd overall pick in the 2009 draft. . . 

The pads need pitching and they didn’t pay him 7 million dollars last year to rehab, and not reap any benefits from it. The whole thing was they paid him last year and then get this year at a solid discount if it plays out right. 

11 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

The point is for a team like Boston with a couple of pitchers with injury risk and healthy contracts, the prospect haul would be considerably less if they are trying to get their payroll down.

If another team were willing to eat all of the money, which is a huge if.

For me, The only way Adell is getting traded is if it’s for a package involving both Lindor and Clevinger. Outside of thst, I’m okay with packaging Marsh and/or Canning for a Syndergaard or Clevinger alone. I really like Canning but he isn’t exactly proven at this level yet, plus I worry about his elbow. 

How about go after Hendricks And Contreras and take on Heyward to hold on to as much minor league talent as possible?

Heyward is massively overpaid but is now owed 4 years/92m.

Hendricks is owed 4/$55m.

Imagine if those two traded contracts.  Would you pay Hendricks the 4/92 owed to Heyward?  Heck yeah.

So then you have Heyward as your starting RF for now and then your fourth OF when Adell arrives basically at Hendricks cost of 4/$55m.

(if that was confusing sorry, trying to look at overall cost of the two players and view it as they swapped contracts)

Thats an expensive 4th OF but I can see this being a way to get a damn good pitcher.

Edited by Dtwncbad

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

How about go after Hendricks And Contreras and take on Heyward to hold on to as much minor league talent as possible?

Heyward is massively overpaid but is now owed 4 years/92m.

Hendricks is owed 4/$55m.

Imagine if those two traded contracts.  Would you pay Hendricks the 4/92 owed to Heyward?  Heck yeah.

So then you have Heyward as your starting RF for now and then your fourth OF when Adell arrives basically at Hendricks cost of 4/$55m.

(if that was confusing sorry, trying to look at overall cost of the two players and view it as they swapped contracts)

Thats an expensive 4th OF but I can see this being a way to get a damn good pitcher.

jpeg
Deals
Search For Deals
search.com

I mean it would make the Cozart and Wilson trade make a little more sense since we needed the payroll space.

right now it feels like we gave away a 1st rounder to save some cash... which wasn’t really what Arte had said going into the offseason .