• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If the Angels trade for an ACE

2 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

At this point, the Angels best option is to trade for an ace-level starter who has an expensive contract.  That way they give up less prospects and just take on the money.

Besides David Price, what other starter fits this definition?

Chokeshaw, deGrom, Sale.

i dont think first 2 are available but they are ace caliber guys with huge contract left.

Sale, if Loston decides to trade Price, betts, and even Benintendi like rumors say, might be available especially when he started showing health issues and there are about 6-7 yrs left in his contract.

Problem is, Angels wouldnt want him either since there are too many yrs left and he's showing red flag now

2 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Am I the only one that would take either Price or Sale if the Angels didn’t give up Adell or Marsh and the Bosox moved some cash in the deal?

I’d be fine with that.  I’d be fine with either of them.  Sale won’t come cheap as it relates to the money associated with him and the Sox won’t eat any of his contract because he has a better chance of returning to his former self.  As far as Price he is only on the books for 3 more years and is only a year removed from being pretty good.  If they ate it down to where the Angels pay him less than $20 million a season I’d be fine with that.  

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Price's stats were solid until 2019.    If the Halos take on half of his $96 million, who would they have to give up?   And having just 63 starts over the past 3 seasons, can he stay healthy enough?

Yep, lots of variables and guessing by a GM just like signing front line FA starters to big $ long term contracts.

48 minutes ago, jchalos89 said:

Sale, if Loston decides to trade Price, betts, and even Benintendi like rumors say, might be available especially when he started showing health issues and there are about 6-7 yrs left in his contract.

Price has three years left on his deal at $32M per season.

I could hardly call a team "Loston" that won the 2018 World Series.

I was just speaking to the fact that the deal was represented as having 6-7 years remaining, which it doesn't.

The more money that Boston eats, the more prospect capital will be involved in making it happen. They are looking to dump payroll, because they have some big money renewals coming up.

4 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I was just speaking to the fact that the deal was represented as having 6-7 years remaining.

The more money that Boston eats, the more prospect capital will be involved in making it happen. They are looking to dump payroll, because they have some big money renewals coming up.

I was talking about Sale's contract, not Price's

19 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I would be very happy getting Sale.  I think he is a warrior.  Sign me up.

Even with the PRP injection last season?  I am pretty sure that is the same thing Richards and Ohtani both got prior to TJ surgery.  If I was sure his elbow was healthy then it is a no brainer.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Even with the PRP injection last season?  I am pretty sure that is the same thing Richards and Ohtani both got prior to TJ surgery.  If I was sure his elbow was healthy then it is a no brainer.

So my answer is pretty simple.  Get all the information available and pay the correct price for the risk.

We all know the first voice was to have a low oak workhorse beast.  But that ship may have sailed.

I would rather at least have a pitcher that projects to be my guy in a huge postseason series.
I guess I am saying if I am forced to chose between having Chris Sale and worry some, or some mid tier #3 starter, I will take the gut that could be an ace.

Sale is too risky and the contract is too long. 

Price scares me, I feel like at his age and given his performance last year he's hit that inflection point in his career where he starts to tail off. Would not trade anyone any prospects of consequence for him.

No to Boyd.

Gray's away splits are actually worse than his home splits which is worrying.

Syndergaard is probably the only guy mentioned that I'd take a chance on for Marsh. The other guys don't seem meaningfully better than what we could get on the free agent market.