• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If the Angels trade for an ACE

20 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'd do it. 

I don't think the Angels would, only because it completely blocks Adell for an entire year and they aren't going to pay a 4th outfielder $23 million for 3 years.

But it's just a thought. If we want to significantly improve the staff at this point we either hand over Adell and Marsh or take on an awful contract. When it's "not my money" I really don't give a shit.

Just a quick thought.  I don’t think he blocks Adell.  Or at least he shouldn’t. Heyward is not some first ballot Hall of Famer.  It is much easier to make the right pure baseball move when it isn’t a Pujols situation.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

You're right. We're screwed.

Point is, it isn’t as easy as simply saying “Wait till next year.” Eppler really needs to earn his money and figure out a trade for an undervalued starter. Maybe there’s more to Price and getting him out of Boston will unlock it. Maybe Boyd figures out how to keep the strikeout ability and give up less homeruns. Maybe there’s someone else out there most of us haven’t thought of. Maybe Stroman is available. I don’t think Eppler can afford to go the whole season with what we have now. It might work out, but the margin of error is narrow. 

1 hour ago, TheUPSman said:

If the deal is there you take it. Marsh or Adell may be the second coming of a Mike Trout, or they could be Dallas McPherson 2.0. At this point nobody really knows how they'll pan out. If the angels could package Marsh for Clevinger I'd do it in a heart beat. ger 

Dallas McPherson got hurt.  His body failed him.  He was not a good example of a prospect that didn’t pan out in the context you present.

5 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Body failing him or not... McPherson was still a huge bust. Trash ass numbers. I knew he was bad but didn’t realize he was that bad after looking at the numbers. Holy shit.

He was too hurt to really judge.  He played in parts of 6 or 7 seasons but didn’t put together a full season of at bats during that time and still managed a .730 ish OPS.  So not horrible. 

7 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Body failing him or not... McPherson was still a huge bust. Trash ass numbers. I knew he was bad but didn’t realize he was that bad after looking at the numbers. Holy shit.

I am just saying there are different kinds of busts.

Brandon Wood was a pure talent bust. 100% of him being a bust was he couldn’t hit major league pitching.

There is really no evidence at all that Dallas McPherson could not hit major league pitching.  His back was just wrecked.

I absolutely believe the only difference between McPherson and Ryan Howard is McPherson’s back got fucked out and never recovered.

I can’t believe we’ve gotten to this point that I’m about to say, but what if our best bet for an ACE is to trade Adell?  We have Marsh who can take over, but probably not till next year.  So would we do Adell for Clevinger straight up?  I’d have to consider it which pains me to say.  We do have Marsh to take over RF and Adell would bring more back in a return. 

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Brandon Wood was a pure talent bust. 100% of him being a bust was he couldn’t hit major league pitching.

There is really no evidence at all that Dallas McPherson could not hit major league pitching.  His back was just wrecked.

I absolutely believe the only difference between McPherson and Ryan Howard is McPherson’s back got fucked out and never recovered.

napoleon dynamite GIF

3 minutes ago, jordan said:

I can’t believe we’ve gotten to this point that I’m about to say, but what if our best bet for an ACE is to trade Adell?  We have Marsh who can take over, but probably not till next year.  So would we do Adell for Clevinger straight up?  I’d have to consider it which pains me to say.  We do have Marsh to take over RF and Adell would bring more back in a return. 

Who would you rather end up with?

Adell or Marsh and Adams and Knowles?

I would rather keep Adell and trade multiple other “top” prospects.

17 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I gotcha.

14 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Who would you rather end up with?

Adell or Marsh and Adams and Knowles?

I would rather keep Adell and trade multiple other “top” prospects.

I don’t think the other “top” prospects will bring us back what Adell would bring back. 

How about Adell and Canning for Chris Paddack?  I’d strongly consider that.