• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

All I want For Christmas is Ryu

failos

I really am bummed about not getting Wheeler. I understand not getting Cole. We got out bid and that was a massive over pay. I would seriously rather have Rendon. I think the contract we gave him is solid and that he will be productive through out the bulk of it.

But seeing the available pitchers now and seeing what Wheeler signed for with the Phillies is disappointing. 5 years 117 million for a guy that throws 98 MPH, has good periphials, is still in his prime, and has the potential to improve on his numbers sounds amazing considering what Ryu and Keuchel seem to want. I understand Ryu is good, but he literally cannot be trusted. Keuchel has underwhelming advanced stats and I just can't get excited about him. Maybe if it was 4 years ago. 

Wheeler was the best bang for your wang and we didn't get it. At this point, we're probably going to sign a pitcher to a overpaid contract just because everyone knows we need one, but it's going to prohibit us from spending more in the near future on stuff we will need (better pitching). To add, the results of signing these pitchers isn't likely to put us in serious contention due to the fact that the options are either severely injury prone (Ryu) or just pitchers that don't have any upside whatsoever.

I do not like. I'm happy about signing Rendon, but I don't see myself being excited about whatever staff we throw out there next year. Signing a low upside innings eater like Keuchel doesn't really change that for me. I'm not saying he won't help, but I think we really missed on the person that could've helped us the most in the present and in the future in Zach Wheeler.

13 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I'm happy about signing Rendon, but I don't see myself being excited about whatever staff we throw out there next year. Signing a low upside innings eater like Keuchel doesn't really change that for me. I'm not saying he won't help, but I think we really missed on the person that could've helped us the most in the present and in the future in Zach Wheeler.

The off-season is not over yet so I'd hold off judgment until it is.

22 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I really am bummed about not getting Wheeler. I understand not getting Cole. We got out bid and that was a massive over pay. I would seriously rather have Rendon. I think the contract we gave him is solid and that he will be productive through out the bulk of it.

But seeing the available pitchers now and seeing what Wheeler signed for with the Phillies is disappointing. 5 years 117 million for a guy that throws 98 MPH, has good periphials, is still in his prime, and has the potential to improve on his numbers sounds amazing considering what Ryu and Keuchel seem to want. I understand Ryu is good, but he literally cannot be trusted. Keuchel has underwhelming advanced stats and I just can't get excited about him. Maybe if it was 4 years ago. 

Wheeler was the best bang for your wang and we didn't get it. At this point, we're probably going to sign a pitcher to a overpaid contract just because everyone knows we need one, but it's going to prohibit us from spending more in the near future on stuff we will need (better pitching). To add, the results of signing these pitchers isn't likely to put us in serious contention due to the fact that the options are either severely injury prone (Ryu) or just pitchers that don't have any upside whatsoever.

I do not like. I'm happy about signing Rendon, but I don't see myself being excited about whatever staff we throw out there next year. Signing a low upside innings eater like Keuchel doesn't really change that for me. I'm not saying he won't help, but I think we really missed on the person that could've helped us the most in the present and in the future in Zach Wheeler.

I would have liked Wheeler too. I just don’t think the Halos had a real shot at him. He went where his fiancé preferred to be. ChiSox were reportedly the highest bidder, and that was apparently too far west. I think geography was the most important thing for him, all offers being pretty equal. I think it was the same for Bumgarner and Stras as well.

12 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ryu over his last 3 years:

68 GS

2.71 ERA

There's no question that if Ryu had a better health history, big bucks would have come his way.    2.98 career ERA and 1.16 career WHIP, so far

The past two years have especially been outstanding (collective 2.21 ERA and 1.01 WHIP in 265 innings).    Is he finally going to be healthy enough, to make it through 3 seasons making at least 27 starts in each?

28 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I would have liked Wheeler too. I just don’t think the Halos had a real shot at him. He went where his fiancé preferred to be. ChiSox were reportedly the highest bidder, and that was apparently too far west. I think geography was the most important thing for him, all offers being pretty equal. I think it was the same for Bumgarner and Stras as well.

And Corbin and Morton a year ago

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

There's no question that if Ryu had a better health history, big bucks would have come his way.    2.98 career ERA and 1.16 career WHIP, so far

The past two years have especially been outstanding (collective 2.21 ERA and 1.01 WHIP in 265 innings).    Is he finally going to be healthy enough, to make it through 3 seasons making at least 27 starts in each?

trust me, I get the concerns. however, in 2017 & 2019 he combined for 53 starts.