• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rangers have acquired Kluber from the Indians

rafibomb

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Goodwin had a better season than DeSheilds, offensively at least. 74 OPS+ to 109 OPS+,

Oh well

DeShields lifetime 5.4 WAR, has speed and can play a solid CF

Goodwin lifetime 2.3 WAR (2.1 of it last season), has average speed, and plays "outfield"

Edited by mulwin444

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Oh christ.  Verlander didn’t have all the injuries.  That’s the problem here.  Not the same at all. 

You keep saying all these injuries,the fact is he had a fractured arm and then a strained oblique last year.The previous 5 seasons he averaged 217 innings and a 2.84 ERA, with 2 Cy Young awards.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Dodgers fans earnestly believe they’re  getting Lindor and Clevinger and that it’ll be w 3 or 4 team trade that involves them giving up like 1 prospect and Pederson and Kikè.  I am not kidding.  A bunch of them believe this. 

I saw people insisting the Angels would have to give up Adell or Marsh for Kluber but the Dodgers think they can get Clevinger and Lindor for meh. Priceless. 

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

You keep saying all these injuries,the fact is he had a fractured arm and then a strained oblique last year.The previous 5 seasons he averaged 217 innings and a 2.84 ERA, with 2 Cy Young awards.

I agree, but when those injuries occur in the most recent season, it matters.

11 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

A fractured forearm is a serious injury for a pitcher.  Jesus.  The evidence is literally in what they got for him.  You guys think you know better then literal front office baseball people.  

I would have been able to accept giving up Rengifo because I know that the Angels really need pitchers.  Not because I think that’s a reasonable trade for the Angels.  It’s not.  But we have depth there and fuck it roll the dice.  Even that would have been a stupid trade and I’m glad we didn’t do it.  But again, if we did fine. 

the angels have to get more from their internal guys.  No matter what that had to happen.  If we’re going to get completely ass f*ucked in trades right now then I don’t want to them.  Why should we.  Pay for Keuchel or whoever. Keep our players *unless* we get what we want.  And see what it looks like at the deadline.  And if we get what we need anyway from our guys.  Then we’ll be in a much stronger position leverage wise.  And guess what, we’ll also probably be doing pretty well in the standings.  That’s the way to deal with this. 

Edited by UndertheHalo