• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Whatever Else Happens

Stradling

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I haven’t called any of it an overpay.  My point with this was people are so down on Eppler that any move now will be perceived by those people that Eppler is overpaying, despite the fact that everyone has gotten more than projected.  So once again you aren’t understanding, that’s twice today.

I'm not down on Eppler. I'm down on this franchise as a whole and Eppler is part of it now. Very average franchise, so yea, things are going the way they are because this franchise just isn't that good.

7 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

I ran this through my regression model and got a perfect 100% correlation between poster and post content. The Condescension Factor was an astounding 99.46%.

Dude - you need to run the data through a Machine Learning environment.  That way you can use every single data point instead of being biased in your selection of data.  Regressions models done by humans are no longer optimum. Machine Learning is better.

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Dude - you need to run the data through a Machine Learning environment.  That way you can use every single data point instead of being biased in your selection of data.  Regressions models done by humans are no longer optimum. Machine Learning is better.

I ran it by Pujols and he confirmed the results

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I haven’t called any of it an overpay.  My point with this was people are so down on Eppler that any move now will be perceived by those people that Eppler is overpaying, despite the fact that everyone has gotten more than projected.  So once again you aren’t understanding, that’s twice today.

I am not down on Eppler.  I just want him to be able to pivot and execute.  And an important point that I am making is the term “overpay” is sort of a waste of time.

I am just saying there is a market and those that are slow to recognize the actual market (no way, that is an overpay!) run the risk of not accomplishing their roster goals.

I made my reply to you, but it really wasn’t a comment to you personally so sorry if it read that way.

Whatever else happens, I'd like to thank Scott Boras, Stephen Strasburg  and Gerrit Cole for not dragging out the offseason.

Now everybody can get on with their lives. Tier 2 will fall into place pretty quickly and the Angels can get on with the  one-year bargain signings. Has Blanton retired? Just kidding (mostly) about the bargains and Blanton.

I'm really looking forward to learning who will be the Angels' dominant opener this season. 

I hope we get a 7-inning start from someone before July.

Kind of sad that the off season has become dominated with following free agency. No matter how you package it, it takes the brains out of roster construction and makes money the only factor.

And the owner essentially becomes the GM for a big part of the process. The name 'Arte' has appeared more than Eppler during the Cole pursuit.

Trades and system development are the roots of building a team. Let Eppler be judged by those rather than how he followed orders from the owner. 

3 minutes ago, nate said:

Are people actually mad that the Angels didn't top the Yanks offer?  That offer is insane.

yes.  do yourself a favor and avoid most of the threads from last night.  I'll recap, Arte isn't all in, Eppler should be fired, and Eppler will now panic and make trades involving Marsh 

24 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

There is no debate. INO fries are bottom tier fast food from a French fry perspective.

Everyone knows Del Tacos fries are the cream of the crop.

Everything being equal (AKA fresh out of the fryer), Del Taco's fries are far and away my favorite. Although INO fries well-done with a couple of packets of spread for dipping are damn good. 

Ripping on INO fries has become something of a sport. Just like ripping on the Angels. I had to turn off the radio yesterday listening to Dan Patrick going on about how Cole should not sign with the Angels because "they're a 72-win team," as if that happens every season and wasn't their worst season of the century. I have not listened to any sports radio and will not watch MLB Network or ESPN again until the Angels get some good news. (Or this weekend; whichever comes first.)

1 minute ago, SoPas Angel said:

Everything being equal (AKA fresh out of the fryer), Del Taco's fries are far and away my favorite. Although INO fries well-done with a couple of packets of spread for dipping are damn good. 

Ripping on INO fries has become something of a sport. Just like ripping on the Angels. I had to turn off the radio yesterday listening to Dan Patrick going on about how Cole should not sign with the Angels because "they're a 72-win team," as if that happens every season and wasn't their worst season of the century. I have not listened to any sports radio and will not watch MLB Network or ESPN again until the Angels get some good news. (Or this weekend; whichever comes first.)

If you add that spread to a crusty turd it would be delicious. 

16 minutes ago, nate said:

Are people actually mad that the Angels didn't top the Yanks offer?  That offer is insane.

What's funny is how many people want to do EXACTLY what got us into this mess in the first place--pay too much for too long to a player who has a high likelihood of crapping out half way through the deal.  We aren't the Dodgers or Yankees that can spend indiscriminately.  Fiscal management pays off in the long run. 

I'm glad the Angels didn't sign Cole at that price.  He'd have been great to have but Yanks went two years too long and about $50M too much.  We have too many holes on the roster to spend a huge portion on one guy.