• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros Payroll

Docwaukee

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Claude wants to find an abandoned fawn so he can tell it how he expects Cole to sign with the Yankees because he wants to win now. 

The Yankees won’t sign Gerrit Cole. They will try to upgrade their team through trades. They had an injury riddled season and still won 103 games. They will have both German (with an apology) and Montgomery back next season. They still have Tanaka, Severino and Paxton. They have trading chips with Andujar and Frazier to put on the block to upgrade if they choose to. 

Here’s the logic. The Yankees only care about Cole if he somehow draws interest from the Red Sox. They could care less if he goes to any west coast team. 

If Cole leaves the Astros, it weakens them and the entire AL will benefit from it. It’s like an addition by subtraction for everyone else not having to pay for him. Unless of course you’re actually the team doing the paying.

Edited by Calzone 2

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lol... Tis the season for Yankee fawning..    Wonder what other side beater they can trade for.  Chapman and German probably get lonely..

You shouldn’t be throwing stones at other teams about personal issues that affect their organizations. We had one the worst team situations in history just happen so don’t go there. 

Edited by Calzone 2

11 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

You shouldn’t be throwing stones at other teams about personal issues that affect their organization. We had one the worse team situations in history just happen so don’t go there. 

Sure thing Clarabell.  I'll take your advice to heart the day you stop making cracks about numbers being available and sort.  Practice what you preach, troll.

26 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

You shouldn’t be throwing stones at other teams about personal issues that affect their organizations. We had one the worst team situations in history just happen so don’t go there. 

I agree with you, but you did make a crack about Skaggs' number being available. Like I said I enjoy dark humor and have made subtle jokes about the situation myself, but I'm also hilarious and sexy so it's cool. 

50 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I agree with you, but you did make a crack about Skaggs' number being available. Like I said I enjoy dark humor and have made subtle jokes about the situation myself, but I'm also hilarious and sexy so it's cool. 

Hilarious, sexy and cool. Yes you are. IP’s comment about the Yankees signing another wife beater was just childish.

My point about the Astros and Yankees is this:

The Yankees through an injury riddled season won 103 games without Cole and I think with good health in 2020 they can do it again.  They won’t sign Cole because they won’t need Cole or his monetary commitment. 

The Astros won 106 games with Cole. If they lose him, they’ll still be a solid team but they won’t win 106 games. That benefits every other AL team. 

3 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Hilarious, sexy and cool. Yes you are. IP’s comment about the Yankees signing another wife beater was just childish. 

My point about the Astros and Yankees is this:

The Yankees through an injury riddled season won 103 games without Cole and I think with good health in 2020 they can do it again.  They won’t sign Cole because they won’t need Cole or his monetary commitment. 

The Astros won 106 games with Cole. If they lose him, they’ll still be a solid team but they won’t win 106 games. That benefits every other AL team. 

At least get the stuff right that’s easy to verify. Astros won 107 games.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

One of many such comments....  No sooner did one get hidden than he would put out another one...   

There were many posts here that railed on the Angels, Skaggs, Kay and others for what happened. I didn’t participate in many of them. You shouldn’t throw stones at other teams. We lost 90 games this year. Stifle yourself. 

16 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

There were many posts here that railed on the Angels, Skaggs, Kay and others for what happened. I didn’t participate in many of them. You shouldn’t throw stones at other teams. We lost 90 games this year. Stifle yourself. 

Lol, someone's triggered..   

Skaggs being an addict is what it is -- the Angels will have to wear it and trolls like you will bring it up whenever you can.  It doesn't make the Yankees being a safe haven for wife beaters any less repulsive.  BTW, do you remember my reaction to the Angels bringing back Callaspo?  I was quick to condemn it.

Unlike you, I'm not a hypocrite.

Un-stifled for life!

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

Stop saying 'we'.  You are not an Angel fan.  You are a follower.  

You follow this team for the sole purpose of sucking every last ounce of joy out of something we like.  You incite posters who come here to do something fun and turn every thread into an annoying exercise of futile defense to a place that contradicts the whole reason we came here.  

It's pretty sad actually.  That you have taken such a great environment that @Chuckster70 has created and not only used it as a medium to promote your negative bullshit agenda, but to also infect so many others with your negativity.  

That probably satisfies you in some pathetic way.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

You follow this team for the sole purpose of sucking every last ounce of joy out of something we like.  You incite posters who come here to do something fun and turn every thread into an annoying exercise of futile defense to a place that contradicts the whole reason we came here.  

It's pretty sad actually.  That you have taken such a great environment that @Chuckster70 has created and not only used it as a medium to promote your negative bullshit agenda, but to also infect so many others with your negativity.  

That’s simply not true. I’ve stayed away from posting negative things about the Angels. I give my opinions about certain situations just like everyone else. We lost 90 games this season so can’t we just agree that a whole lot of things need to change. I already said that hiring Joe Maddon is a step in the right direction. I think the players will respond to him and you’ll see a vast improvement next year. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

100% exactly this.