• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hopefully Cole Chokes Today

failos

6 minutes ago, failos said:

Astros will get eliminated and Cole will want to move on from the Lastros.

The opposite is more likely to be the case.  When you lose, you want to win. Angels don’t look as close as other options. OTOH, if he wins the WS, it’ll be slightly less of a consideration for his next team. He won’t have to worry about never winning one. If you want Cole to come to Anaheim, root for a Stros win. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I hope he chokes hard and then Bregman and him get into it like Langston and Hudler after that one-game playoff in Seattle -- then he's like the hell with Houston, I'm out. 

Calls Eppy! Done.

This is letting emotion get in the way of logic. He will not come to Anaheim if they lose. No chance. He won’t risk not winning a World Series. He’ll go to the Yankees, Houston, or the Dodgers. Only way he comes to Anaheim is if he’s already secured his legacy with a ring. I don’t let petty biases get in the way of what’s best for the Angels. I root for the Astros the rest of the way. 

1 minute ago, Sean-Regan said:

This is letting emotion get in the way of logic. He will not come to Anaheim if they lose. No chance. He won’t risk not winning a World Series. He’ll go to the Yankees, Houston, or the Dodgers. Only way he comes to Anaheim is if he’s already secured his legacy with a ring. I don’t let petty biases get in the way of what’s best for the Angels. I root for the Astros the rest of the way. 

wrong richard attenborough GIF

2 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Hell nah. Go Rays! 

But yeah, what @Glen said. I don't think it really matters if the Asstros win or lose, he's leaving IMO to come out west. I have a good feeling it will be with the Halos too.

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Tonight will have nothing to do with where he signs.

You’re right. But tomorrow may. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Hell nah. Go Rays! 

But yeah, what @Glen said. I don't think it really matters if the Asstros win or lose, he's leaving IMO to come out west. I have a good feeling it will be with the Halos too.

You’re not thinking like a ball player. You’re thinking like a fan. What you want to be true rarely turns out to be true.

Every player has different reasons for signing an extension or FA contract.  We have no idea how Cole's performance tomorrow will impact his decision on what he does in free agency.  My guess is that it won't have any impact at all.  He'll treat the situation like a business decision.  

Personally, I would like to see him lose so he doesn't wear out him arm pitching another 30 innings in the playoffs.  

The Astros just aren't likely to commit 200+ mil to him anyway.  At least that's what I'm seeing.  

7 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

You’re right. But tomorrow may. 

You’re not thinking like a ball player. You’re thinking like a fan. What you want to be true rarely turns out to be true.

I wanted an Ex-Angel player to break the Dodgers hearts.

That turned out pretty well.

I think Cole is going to take his time in FA. I think he would really like to play in Anaheim, but he will want to see what Eppler does prior to him signing. If he sees Eppie sign a couple of other arms like Wheeler,Odorizzi, Madbum, stc, he will probably sign. But, if a couple of Harvey/Cahill types sign, he will sign elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I think Cole is going to take his time in FA. I think he would really like to play in Anaheim, but he will want to see what Eppler does prior to him signing. If he sees Eppie sign a couple of other arms like Wheeler,Odorizzi, Madbum, stc, he will probably sign. But, if a couple of Harvey/Cahill types sign, he will sign elsewhere.

I don't think Arte can afford to sign Wheeler and Cole.  I also think the catching situation needs to be addressed and will have a bearing.

Remember, if the Astros lose it will be a monumental choke job. Worse than the Dodgers. Three chances to clinch and unable to beat the underdog.the last one of those at home.

If Cole is bad and they lose, his reputation may take a temporary hit, and possibly bring some doubt to prospective bidders. Depending on the actual performance. But that will pass soon as the free agent window opens. One game won't outweigh his body of work. And if he is great, and the Astros move on, he will have chances in a bigger stage. 

The bigger story will be the choke of the team if they lose. If they win, it will just be seen as was expected, but credit given to the Rays for making it close.