• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/9 Angels & Red Sox: Tovar at SS again

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

They’ve given up, but who could blame them? Some of them  lost their best friend to a tragic death, their have been countless injuries, etc

regardless, they weren’t that good before Skaggs died and everyone gave up. They’ve never really been able to get comfortably over .500

I'm not going to pretend I know what it's like in that clubhouse after the tragedy and what it's done to all of our guys because I really have no clue, but they're being paid millions of dollars to go out there and compete.  They have to perform better.

And seriously, the idea that Cole and another 2/3 starter are coming here because we want them to is a serious stretch. I think we should bid high but Houston, New York, Boston, LAD, all the other usual suspects will be offering truck loads of money.

Arte better be ready to back the truck up, which he hasn’t been in recent years(sans Trout)

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

To be fair, it's not so much that we're really bad (though one could make a case for that) but Boston is playing with a sense of mission. They were seriously falling right out of the race and realize that these games are crucial. They're playing like it.

We had our chance to put a real damper in their hopes. Maybe we can win the next two. I wouldn't bet on it though.

You're not confident in Heaney and his 16.2 ERA at Fenway?

10 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

That's the opposite of what I think.  I think the team has the potential to be a hell of a lot better but they aren't mentally there right now.  I'm not suggesting our management go on a tirade, singling players out, or saying anything too radical, but pretending that the effort level is acceptable is foolish.

Pretending to know their effort level is equally foolish.  

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

They haven't tanked on purpose. No team does, that's a myth.

Boston has their backs to the wall and they're starting to play again up to THEIR level of talent. 

We're just not very good and now we're hitting a lengthy skid. These things happen. 

But, but outrage!

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

They haven't tanked on purpose. No team does, that's a myth.

Boston has their backs to the wall and they're starting to play again up to THEIR level of talent. 

We're just not very good and now we're hitting a lengthy skid. These things happen. 

smelling salad fingers GIF by David Firth

I don’t know what the big deal is.  Boston is playing for something.  The Angels are not.  The  Angels are significantly undermanned.  It’s August and in terms of meaningful baseball,  Except for some rookies the season is over.  

Plus I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  It sucks but the more they lose the better.  Someone tell me what the Angels last top 10 pick became.  That pick was also the only one they’ve had in almost 2 decades.  Being a mid table team fuc*king sucks.  It’s pointless.  

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know what the big deal is.  Boston is playing for something.  The Angels are not.  The  Angels are significantly undermanned.  It’s August and in terms of meaningful baseball,  Except for some rookies the season is over.  

Plus I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.  It sucks but the more they lose the better.  Someone tell me what the Angels last top 10 pick became.  That pick was also the only one they’ve had in almost 2 decades.  Being a mid table team fuc*king sucks.  It’s pointless.  

But muh .500 record

LOL. I go out on an errand and return to find Boston up by six (now eight). 

And even more entertainingly, the Angels-suck crowd is out in force.

No surprise with that. The past 8 games have been a free-fall ride on a broken elevator.

No respite is in sight, gang. Heaney ain't gonna be THE stopper,

The pitchers we have are the pitchers we will have through game 162,  

The winning streak will eventually begin. Detroit interrupted its tailspin at last. So did Baltimore. We helped both of them.

Maybe somebody can do the same for the Angels.