• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/9 Angels & Red Sox: Tovar at SS again

Just now, mymerlincat said:

https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/angels-gm-billy-eppler-addresses-recent-skid

image.png.a9731c826f6a58820e7a0033f45ae294.png

Our management has to quit saying shit like this.  This play is unacceptable.  Light a fire under these guys' asses.

Our fans have to stop believing everything they read.  Also if you think losing the last 8 is our true talent level then you’re an idiot.  Not saying you think that, simply saying if you do then you are.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Our fans have to stop believing everything they read.  Also if you think losing the last 8 is our true talent level then you’re an idiot.  Not saying you think that, simply saying if you do then you are.  

Our talent level is a team somewhere between 6 games under .500 and 6 games over .500. It’s where they’ve been all year. It doesn’t exactly shout out that they’re getting closer

This is as mediocre of a ball club as you’ll find, has been for a few years nos

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Our talent level is a team somewhere between 6 games under .500 and 6 games over .500. It’s where they’ve been all year. It doesn’t exactly shout out that they’re getting closer

If that's their talent level after all the pitching injuries (and death) then I'd say that's pretty good. Throw Ohtani and Cole into the rotation, as well as another 2/3 starter and this is easily a 90 win team. Basically what we've been saying all year.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The pitching staff is seriously lacking talent 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That's the opposite of what I think.  I think the team has the potential to be a hell of a lot better but they aren't mentally there right now.  I'm not suggesting our management go on a tirade, singling players out, or saying anything too radical, but pretending that the effort level is acceptable is foolish.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

If that's their talent level after all the pitching injuries (and death) then I'd say that's pretty good. Throw Ohtani and Cole into the rotation, as well as another 2/3 starter and this is easily a 90 win team. Basically what we've been saying all year.

Easily? Boy I do not share your optimism

but do hope you’re right

Just now, mymerlincat said:

That's the opposite of what I think.  I think the team has the potential to be a hell of a lot better but they aren't mentally there right now.  I'm not suggesting our management go on a tirade, singling players out, or saying anything too radical, but pretending that the effort level is acceptable is foolish.

I agree with this completely. I'd assume the sentiment has been made to the players, outside of the media.

To be fair, it's not so much that we're really bad (though one could make a case for that) but Boston is playing with a sense of mission. They were seriously falling right out of the race and realize that these games are crucial. They're playing like it.

We had our chance to put a real damper in their hopes. Maybe we can win the next two. I wouldn't bet on it though.

4 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

They’ve given up, but who could blame them? Some of them  lost their best friend to a tragic death, their have been countless injuries, etc

regardless, they weren’t that good before Skaggs died and everyone gave up. They’ve never really been able to get comfortably over .500