• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Name the percentage chance that Trout plays in a World Series as an Angel

yk9001

In the previous 10 years 13 teams have played in the WS.  Looking at some of those teams less than 5 years before no one would have pegged them to be playing in a WS in the near future.  It's not that it's a crap shoot it's just that in some cases a few things breaking a teams way can change their trajectory.  If the Angels get a legit #1 or 2, add at least one more legit starter who can eat some innings and guys like Canning/Suarez continue to develop they could be a serious threat in the next few years.  Conversely if the SP continues to struggle they could be mired in mediocrity despite what their offense is capable of.

I just want to point out that Mike Trout is an Angel because Mike Trout wants to be an Angel.  I'm not worried about how many World Series he plays in as long as he his happy to be playing for the Angels.

3 hours ago, eligrba said:

I just want to point out that Mike Trout is an Angel because Mike Trout wants to be an Angel.  I'm not worried about how many World Series he plays in as long as he his happy to be playing for the Angels.

He'd better be happy since there's no opt-out in his contract.

He's stuck here for better or for worse, unless things really go south and the team asks him to waive his no-trade clause.

The Angels are on track to become a highly competitive team over the next couple of years and will be built to stay there. There is a 100% chance he plays in numerous playoff games, and there is every reason to believe they experience success. That said, making it to the World Series is a crap shoot as it just depends on who gets hot at the right time.
I would say about a 50/50 chance he plays in a WS.