• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

They had a shot

For perspective...

If you asked any objective person how good the Angels looked before the season, they said they were about an 83-85 win team. 

Despite all the crap and all that’s gone wrong (tragically wrong), they’re on pace to be exactly that. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

30 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

For perspective...

If you asked any objective person how good the Angels looked before the season, they said they were about an 83-85 win team. 

Despite all the crap and all that’s gone wrong (tragically wrong), they’re on pace to be exactly that. 

That's because there's always crap and things always go wrong.

2.5 gb if we win tonight and win 3 of 4 vs. bmore.  

losing 4 of 5 vs. the two worst teams in baseball.  All they had to do was take care of business.  they did actually.  they took care of the season 

I guess we can be happy that they've provided a clear path for Eppler.  

26 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

2.5 gb if we win tonight and win 3 of 4 vs. bmore.  

losing 4 of 5 vs. the two worst teams in baseball.  All they had to do was take care of business.  they did actually.  they took care of the season 

I guess we can be happy that they've provided a clear path for Eppler.  

I mean it’s hard to hate them too much after what they went through but F*ck missing the playoffs is so old... it would be nice to just make a decent wild card push. Why do they have to disappoint season after season

On 7/28/2019 at 7:06 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

For perspective...

They're playing right now like a 76-win team.

Wait until the brutal September leg of the season gets here.

Zero starting pitching is a recipe for disaster. Not to mention the bullpen which will be worn out by then.

I didn't feel like this team was a clear cut playoff team, especially after such a tragic loss. Complicated by Heaney being hurt, even if they did make a wild card, they're not winning it this year. We all knew this was another rebuilding year. We're trending in the right direction. Losing these games makes it an easy decision to sell off the pieces that we don't need for next year. I see a lot of promise and am enjoying the rebuild process. 

Honestly they'll end up a few games better than last year, when they needed to make a ten win improvement.

The pitching has been horrible. They've allowed 549 runs in 108 games. Last year in 108, they allowed 462. That's almost a run a game more.

Last year, Ohtani had the best numbers, but only 10 games. Barria pitched really well by ERA, but his FIP wasn't as good.

They lost 7 pitchers to season ending surgery. Still managed to get 25 starts out of RIchards and Ohtani, in the first half, so that's why the numbers are a bit skewed.

This season, the staff is worse. Significantly worse. They need to fire Doug White, because they can argue lack of talent, but everyone who was on the team last year is pitching worse this year, with a better defensive catching duo, who are arguably both better game callers.

To get to last years 722 runs allowed, which was 3rd worst since Trout Arrived. (2013, 2016)... this team would have to allow only 3.2 runs per game. They are currently allowing 5+ runs per game. This means that without a trade for controllable starting pitching, they'll more likely end the season with over 820 runs allowed. Which would rank either 3rd or 4th worst pitching season in this franchise's history. It can easily exceed Mike Scioscia's worst season, pitching wise, which was also his debut season.

Nagy was underrated and should've been retained.

And to get into contention next year, that means that next years starters will have to give up 200 less runs. How is that going to happen by simply signing Gerritt Cole, and hoping Ohtani is as good as he was pre-TJ?

Right now, I'd trade for two controllable starters. Two. And try to get into the wildcard race if only because this offense is also on pace for the best offensive output (830 runs scored) we've had since 2009. It would be tied for 6th all time, behind 2009, 1979, 2002, 2004, and 2000. They made the playoffs in all of those years but one.

So get Greinke, if you can. Trade for Ray if you can as well.

There are other guys out there who are controllable, that they can try to get. It will cost prospects. Everyone is available except Canning and Adell.

They may have to go over the cap, to get an expensive guy and be able to sign a pitcher next season. I'd still do it.

I'd take a flyer on guys like Archie Bradley or Aaron Sanchez or Danny Duffy...too.

This team needs pitching and a lot of it.