• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler should push hard for a trade

So far Baltimore has won 3 out of the 4 game series. Yes, the Angels pitching has been bad all season, but they’ve given up 27 in 3 game to the Orioles.TO ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS IN BASEBALL. Our offense has scored 18 runs in those three games. If this was any other team then those should be W’s. Our offense is doing fine and it doesn’t matter about not executing in extra innings or because Trout and Upton blew the 9th inning rally. This is 100% because of our pitching and weather or not the Angels will make a push doesn’t matter anymore. What matters is Eppler making a trade for a strong #2 or even #3 so he has a foundation heading into the offseason. The staff (despite releasing Allen and Harvey) haven’t improved at all. At this point, it absolutely hasn’t to be done for a trade.

No. This team isn't good enough. Sure, if someone offers a good pitcher and will take fringe prospects, go for it. But don't trade away anyone who will be part of the next Angels team that will actually be good.

Being good in 2020 and really good in 2021 is more important than maybe making the wildcard this year. 

Sure why not.  Who gives a shit.  I love convincing myself that my favorite sports team isn’t going curb stomp my heart repeatedly every summer.  So, getting a pitcher will help with that. 

I know that I’m normal because I enjoy allowing the Angels to make me angry and sad in my leisure time.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

No. This team isn't good enough. Sure, if someone offers a good pitcher and will take fringe prospects, go for it. But don't trade away anyone who will be part of the next Angels team that will actually be good.

Being good in 2020 and really good in 2021 is more important than maybe making the wildcard this year. 

I agree and that’s what this post is for. We have an overflow of infield prospects and it can be used in a package for someone. The trade won’t include Marsh or Adell.

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Only trade they should look to make is if they can acquire a starter who is under contract for at least next season. 2020 and beyond is where they should be looking, which I believe they are considering their offseason moves of 1yr fliers

That’s what they've stated they want. Those controllable guys include Stroman, Thor, Ray, Greinke and others. 

6 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

In addition to Calhoun, I'd put Cahill, Goodwin, Lucroy, and Bour on the block.

I'd throw in Simmons in there as well, but I don't see a big enough market for him, maybe I'm wrong.

I also think Thaiss, Ward, and Marsh are expendable. 

Cahill, Lucroy, Bour have no value at all. Calhoun might but it won’t be much. Goodwin needs to stay if we’re going to decline Calhoun’s option.

I’d say Ward, Jones, Walsh, Bradish, Yan, Castillo, and maybe Barria or Sandoval would be first names to be dealt. Other players might include Adams or Jackson.

Worst case would be Thaiss or Marsh but we’d have to get a solid #2 starter if Marsh is involved. 

4 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

That’s what they've stated they want. Those controllable guys include Stroman, Thor, Ray, Greinke and others. 

Cross Thor off because there's other teams with deeper farms who can afford to offer the Mets what they want. Greinke is intriguing since he likely wouldn't cost much as long as the team is willing to take on the remainder of his contract.

1 minute ago, Halokingfish said:

Tough call. They’re starting to lose momentum at the most important time of the year. I think if they get swept tomorrow go ahead and sell

Still 2 months to play and a lot of games are against under .500 teams and the teams ahead of us in the Wild Card race. Still time, but it depends if we trade overflow of Infield prospects for a solid #2. That could give us the extra push without trading away Marsh. 

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Still 2 months to play and a lot of games are against under .500 teams and the teams ahead of us in the Wild Card race. Still time, but it depends if we trade overflow of Infield prospects for a solid #2. That could give us the extra push without trading away Marsh. 

lol which infield prospect do you think we can trade for a solid #2?

That's some wishful thinking right there.

1 minute ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Sunday day game.

Over/under 4.5 Baltimore home runs?

I think the Angels win tomorrow and get back on track and either sweep or win 2 of 3 against Detroit. After that we fly up to a Cleveland hopefully getting hot again and regain some ground against them in the WildCard race. 

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yeah I understand that Eppler wants arms with control this year and beyond. My concern was those type of arms would hurt the farm. But if he can get it done while keeping the farm’s core then I am all for it. Would you guys take a chance on Alex Wood if the price is cheap? He would be a 2019 rental only and will make his 2019 debut tomorrow because of back issues but he looked solid in rehab. It would be huge if he could pitch around his career averages down the stretch

7 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I think the Angels win tomorrow and get back on track and either sweep or win 2 of 3 against Detroit. After that we fly up to a Cleveland hopefully getting hot again and regain some ground against them in the WildCard race. 

Dude, Fantasyland is 5 miles west of Angel stadium.  No way.  After watching this team live the last 3 games I'm convinced of 1 thing for certain.  The Pitching is death by 1000 paper cuts.  I don't care if it's starting pitching or relief pitching.  This teams ENTIRE pitching staff is not playoff caliber.  It's simply not. 

The worst team in baseball completely out-schooled and out-coached this team.  Pure and simple.  The Orioles stole bases on our pitchers and catchers like nobody's business.  They hit and ran.  They sacrificed and moved runners around.  They hit the long ball.  This crappy Orioles team was like watching the 2002 Angel team, minus good starting pitching.  It was like watching Friday night beer league softball.

Anyone that bought into the 4 games the Angels played against the Dodgers as a potential wild card team was fooling themselves.  This team has to play a massively tough slate in the next 2 months, including many games against teams ahead of us in the standings.  If any of you watched the last 3 games and truly believe that this was some sort of mirage, I have news for you.  It wasn't.  This was a reality check, at the hands of the worst team in the American League.

Edited by PattyD22