• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is Kole Calhoun actually worth this trade deadline ?

11 hours ago, Glen said:

This post should have ended the thread but here we are.

Why would info from people not interested, and therefore likely to under estimate, end it?
Obviously those who have a need would be likely to pay more pending how large they view that need.

Just now, floplag said:

Why would info from people not interested, and therefore likely to under estimate, end it?
Obviously those who have a need would be likely to pay more pending how large they view that need.

Because they are also the ones that do this for a living and understand the value the industry puts on a guy.  

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

I know the value of 3 Porsches but I'm not interested in buying them, Laura Diaz be damned 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Why do you think this is true?

if you’re a realtor you know what houses are worth, even if you don’t want to buy them all. 

I also think the second part of your statement isn’t true. I think GMs now put a higher value on young players (as the FA market attests) so they are much more reluctant to overpay in prospect value, even in the heat of a pennant race. And if they do overpay, it’s for controllable players, not rentals, which Calhoun essentially is. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

8 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

If you’re a realtor you know what houses are worth, even if you don’t want to buy them all. 

A house or a baseball player is worth what somebody will pay....different buyers value things differently...you can put a price on it but you really don’t know until the offers start coming in....and then one buyer might re-set the market with an unexpected offer....or not...you just don’t know until things heat up....

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

A house or a baseball player is worth what somebody will pay....different buyers value things differently...you can put a price on it but you really don’t know until the offers start coming in....and then one buyer might re-set the market with an unexpected offer....or not...you just don’t know until things heat up....

That is true. None of them know for sure. But they can make much better estimates than any of us, which is why I asked. 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

It's obvious Trout loves playing with Kole. 

I just don't see us trading him .

Yup. Pretty much 0% chance he’s dealt next week, unless the Angels lose every single game, Adell turns around his slump, and someone gives us something amazing for Kole.

And every day that passes I’m less convinced his option is an easy decline. He keeps playing well and Adell’s had a tough July.

23 hours ago, happybat4 said:

Can we move him to first when Adell comes?

he's played a few games there in the past. I'd be interested in exploring this option. I don't see bour being here much longer, and Albert's just about done. could be an option.

36 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Why do you think this is true?

if you’re a realtor you know what houses are worth, even if you don’t want to buy them all. 

I also think the second part of your statement isn’t true. I think GMs now put a higher value on young players (as the FA market attests) so they are much more reluctant to overpay in prospect value, even in the heat of a pennant race. And if they do overpay, it’s for controllable players, not rentals, which Calhoun essentially is. 

Human nature, we wont pay as much for something we dont want that something we do.
Teams that dont need him or are not interested in him would likely lowball him.
Also perhaps wishful thinking if im being 100% honest as i think/hope we could get more than a mid level prospect for him.

Just now, floplag said:

Human nature, we wont pay as much for something we dont want that something we do.
Teams that dont need him or are not interested in him would likely lowball him.
Also perhaps wishful thinking if im being 100% honest as i think/hope we could get more than a mid level prospect for him.

So even if we concede that they are biased and you are biased, they start off with a lot more information than you. 

So I’ll go with them, no offense. 

We're not trading Calhoun. 

1. On July 25 the Angels have a legit chance at the wildcard and he's one of their better players.

2. He's integral to the team's clubhouse and chemistry.

3. He probably wouldn't get more than a second tier prospect in return.

Now if the Padres were to offer Mackenzie Gore, that would be a different matter. Eppler would have to bite the bullet and make the trade. But that isn't happening. I think the most the Angels could hope for is a Patrick Sandoval type, and that just isn't worth it.

Giants need to trade or extend Bumgarner by the deadline.

the Bumgarner of a few years back is not the Bumgarner of today -- but he is a proven post-season pitcher with perhaps the best W/S performance of all time (I think it's better than Mickey Lolich in '68) 

Bumgarner is strictly a rental -  unless he agrees to extend (as part of a trade deal). If he extends with anyone, I would think it would be with the SF Giants.

if he does not extend, unless Giants want only a potential draft pick (compensation) in return, they gotta deal him before the Aug. 1 deadline - less than a week away now.

I can't see the SF Giants keeping him and then watching him walk.