• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is Kole Calhoun actually worth this trade deadline ?

On 7/25/2019 at 4:14 PM, totdprods said:

Yup. Pretty much 0% chance he’s dealt next week, unless the Angels lose every single game, Adell turns around his slump, and someone gives us something amazing for Kole.

And every day that passes I’m less convinced his option is an easy decline. He keeps playing well and Adell’s had a tough July.

0-3 vs Bmore, Adell went yard..... The apocalypse is upon us...

reading the posts -- why do folks here argue with Jeff Fletcher?

He covers the team every day, he has inside sources within the organization and throughout the league and at MLB top levels.

his posts usually set every one else straight (i.e. Calhoun has limited value, teams consider him a rental because of his age and teams really want/need pitching.....)

anyway -- I still wonder what the best educated guesstimate of how the Halos approach this week.  I think they are too far back to do an 'ALL IN' approach making some bad one-sided deal for a rental strictly for the post-season run.....but if they could make a deal kind of like the Mets did for Stroman,  someone who can help them down the stretch and be a longer term piece as well ('longer-term' in today's MLB is now more like NEXT YEAR -2020 - meaning more than a mere rental).  

As Fletcher again correctly points out -- the expensive commodities these days are the younger players under club control for a few seasons.  If a player like that gets dealt, he commands a high asking price.

33 minutes ago, disarcina said:

.....reading the posts -- why do folks here argue with Jeff Fletcher?....his posts usually set every one else straight (i.e. Calhoun has limited value, teams consider him a rental because of his age and teams really want/need pitching)....

This is all the matters to me....I’d trade Calhoun in a heartbeat if I could get a good young pitcher in return....I don’t care if he’s a “clubhouse presence”, we need pitching....But if there just isn’t a market for him (and I suspect Fletcher is correct), then just keep him....a marginal prospect doesn’t help us, Calhoun does....

Braves lost Markakis for 6-8 weeks.  Enciarte is a nice defender but not great with the bat.  Acuna obviously has a spot.  Stud at either CF or a corner.  

Adam Duvall is one of their options.  He's RHed and not very offensively inclined vs. RHers the last couple years.  Over his head in a small sample so far this year.  

Austin Riley is a rook and also RHed.  Has been a good defender in LF despite normally being a 3bman in the minors.  

Both are good LFers though and not really geared toward RF.  

Kole could actually help them although they are getting solid work from Matt Joyce right now but he's typically a poor defender.  

They could also use some pen help.  Bedrosian would make some sense here considering the history (with his dad).  Probably doesn't play into it much but it would be interesting.  

If the halos could land Patrick Weigel or Tucker Davidson and maybe another lower level guy for the combo of Calhoun and Bedrosian, that would be a nice haul.  Both are upper level pitchers at the bottom of Atlanta's top 30.  Another guy to target could be Alex Jackson.  C prospect who projects as a backup.  

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Braves lost Markakis for 6-8 weeks.  Enciarte is a nice defender but not great with the bat.  Acuna obviously has a spot.  Stud at either CF or a corner.  

Adam Duvall is one of their options.  He's RHed and not very offensively inclined vs. RHers the last couple years.  Over his head in a small sample so far this year.  

Austin Riley is a rook and also RHed.  Has been a good defender in LF despite normally being a 3bman in the minors.  

Both are good LFers though and not really geared toward RF.  

Kole could actually help them although they are getting solid work from Matt Joyce right now but he's typically a poor defender.  

They could also use some pen help.  Bedrosian would make some sense here considering the history (with his dad).  Probably doesn't play into it much but it would be interesting.  

If the halos could land Patrick Weigel or Tucker Davidson and maybe another lower level guy for the combo of Calhoun and Bedrosian, that would be a nice haul.  Both are upper level pitchers at the bottom of Atlanta's top 30.  Another guy to target could be Alex Jackson.  C prospect who projects as a backup.  

Yup. I'd seriously be talking up Calhoun + RP to Atlanta right now. Their SP prospect depth is unreal. 

The losses to Baltimore/Detroit might have a brightside in easing the sting of dealing Calhoun away at the deadline, in that it's brought things back to Earth enough for a move for the future to be more palatable to fans/team.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Yup. I'd seriously be talking up Calhoun + RP to Atlanta right now. Their SP prospect depth is unreal. 

The losses to Baltimore/Detroit might have a brightside in easing the sting of dealing Calhoun away at the deadline, in that it's brought things back to Earth enough for a move for the future to be more palatable to fans/team.

And, not meaning to step on anyone, it's been a month now since Tyler's passing.   The team as a group has had a chance to mourn together, and get through a really difficult month.

Is now a good time to trade Calhoun, if the right enough piece(s) comes back here?  

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Another guy i could see as a target is Thomas Burrows.