• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rays (6/13/2019, Fletcher leading off))

21 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Someone tell me if Im wrong but it feels like we've faced more than 50% lefties this year.

They've faced 42 RH starters vs 26 LH starters this year. So 38% lefties.

That doesn't account for the whole opener thing, but I don't think they've faced many at all of those.

One of Skaggs issues is that he walks a lot of guys.  22 in 58 innings is not good.  If he can throw strikes and limit walks, I like his chances.

That Rays line up doesn't look that daunting.  Of course Daniel Robertson or Mike Zunino will probably go yard tonight.  They both seem to feast on Angel pitching for some reason.

we lead all of baseball in PA vs. lefties.  

our lineup is actually a smidge above league avg.  

we have a 121 wRC+ vs. lefties since the beginning of may.  4th in baseball.  

The problem early on was that they were playing crappy players vs. lefties like Cozart and Bourjos.  

7 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Fletcher scratched from the lineup with shoulder soreness. La Stella leading off.

D8-ZQcgX4AEL2xD.jpg:large

No bueno. Getting to a point where they should just DL him to get a player back. 

Ahhh, but he played recently right? So they couldn’t retro it back several days.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

The problem early on was that they were playing crappy players vs. lefties like Cozart and Bourjos.  

The first part is no surprise but the rest of it is. Why does it feel like we still suck against lefties?

very interested as to who of puello or goodwin they keep when upton returns

@Jeff Fletcher any thoughts on this?  any indication that they are trying either guy at 1b or something like that?  

I was pretty high on Goodwin, but Puello has changed my mind. I would like them to keep Puello over Goodwin. Puello’s bat is pretty exciting. 

Great summary Doc

very interested as to who of puello or goodwin they keep when upton returns

@Jeff Fletcher any thoughts on this?  any indication that they are trying either guy at 1b or something like that?  

I thought I heard them say on the broadcast the other day that they were giving Puello some reps at 1B.

This loop of creeping towards .500 and then falling back is getting tired. Makes it confusing deciding if they will be active at the trade deadline. Will they be buyers hoping to edge realistically into the WC mix or sellers, resigned to experimentation and prioritizing the future? Or just stay the course with the status quo?

Obviously the bigger picture is the future, but can they finesse a middle way of still competing for the WC while integrating more subtle changes? 

With Upton and Simmons back in the lineup we will see the Angels with their best proven talent. Not much hope for Harvey, Allen and some other pitchers. 

If they are to compete it will because of their offense. The trade deadline should focus on pitching. Maybe looking at some sleeper prospects and under used major leaguers. With Upton back, Goodwin could be a tempting trade asset.