• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani

1 hour ago, Tank said:

on the broadcast today gubi was suggesting/wondering outlaid if that pitch that hit him on the hand has him a bit gun-shy on inside pitches right now.

It's just an observation. He's looks off balance at times and his hips fly out of the box early. He's been hit in the hand and his elbow this season so he's become very tentative on inside pitches or pitches that appear inside. I thought he had a much better balanced upright swing in Japan.

ohtani2 (1).gif

ohtani_swing_2 (2).gif

Edited by Calzone 2

11 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

It's just an observation. He's looks off balance at times and his hips fly out of the box early. He's been hit in the hand and his elbow this season so he's become very tentative on inside pitches or pitches that appear inside. I thought he had a much better balanced upright swing in Japan.

ohtani2 (1).gif

ohtani_swing_2 (2).gif

Yeah, those are the same pitches so the swing is exactly the same for both.

What a moose brain. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Yeah, those are the same pitches so the swing is exactly the same for both.

What a moose brain. 

Well Blarg again this is not a personal attack on Ohtani. It’s just an observation. He did change his swing after he left Japan. Notice his front leg movement in Japan. His helmet is flying off of his head on two completely different pitches so he’s definitely not himself.

DAFF8D46-320F-4500-8961-F1FFC696EA0F.jpeg

918F303F-4DF9-4007-897A-966524DF8219.jpeg

Edited by Calzone 2

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

Well Blarg again this is not a personal attack on Ohtani. It’s just an observation. He did change his swing after he left Japan. Notice his front leg movement in Japan. His helmet is flying off of his head on two completely different pitches so he’s definitely not himself.

DAFF8D46-320F-4500-8961-F1FFC696EA0F.jpeg

918F303F-4DF9-4007-897A-966524DF8219.jpeg

Are these supposed to be images of him bailing out and not himself?   Because both those games are from last year.  

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Are these supposed to be images of him bailing out and not himself?   Because both those games are from last year.  

When a player gets fooled they look awful. When they're locked in, they look great. Ohtani is slumping, but I've also seen him clobber the ball right at people too. He's going to turn it around soon, I'm not worried. 

13 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

ohtani_swing_2 (2).gif

Again IP. My initial post was not intended to put down Ohtani as he is one of my favorite players. My concern, legit or not is that his swing in Japan looked very upright, smooth and well balanced. The swing I see today looks nothing like that and it reminds me of me and some of my bad golf swings. My practice swing is flawless like Ohtani’s batting practice. But then I get on the course and everything looks different.