• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani

5 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Again IP. My initial post was not intended to put down Ohtani as he is one of my favorite players. My concern, legit or not is that his swing in Japan looked very upright, smooth and well balanced. The swing I see today looks nothing like that and it reminds me of me and some of my bad golf swings. My practice swing is flawless like Ohtani’s batting practice. But then I get on the course and everything looks different. 

That Japanese swing wasn't working.... It had people talking about him looking like a HS hitter during ST last spring..  

He ditched that load and swing all of last season and raked.... You're concerned about something totally irrelevant.  As multiple people have told you, he's not had the reps and it's showing.  His timing is clearly off and as a result getting fooled and ending up off-balance  Despite that his peripherals are in line with last year.

You're obviously concerned with this, but as of right now there's really nothing to really delve into.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Ichiro was probably the best example of a guy who always looked off-balance...  

Exactly. Rod Carew used to open up early as a way to get the bat to the zone and keep it there to poke a ball through a hole. More often on pitches outside. Yes, he looks off balance and his helmet nearly falls off but his emphasis was to cover more plate area to use all parts of the field. I think the misconception is Ohtani is always swinging for power instead of a base hit. When he is looking to place the ball he looks more like Ichiro and or Rod Carew but more upright in his stance.

1*Jdf3_dZ_cvs_5fPJpzLiaw.gif

17 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Did my concern look like a complaint or are you just complaining about my concern. 

4D5D3825-653E-4F19-B315-867352AB0471.jpeg

Your complaints are "cleverly disguised" as concerns...he's had 17 games/75 PAs to get on track against guys actually trying to get him out vs simulated pitching.  He'll likely look "lost" for about 25 games, consistent with spring training, and you'll see more consistency.  Not to mention the two comparison at bats at the beginning of the  thread are apples and oranges - one is in real time and from the front and the other is in slow motion from the side, one is one a strike out where he was fooled and one the other is where he squared it up.  

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

That Japanese swing wasn't working.... It had people talking about him looking like a HS hitter during ST last spring..  

He ditched that load and swing all of last season and raked.... You're concerned about something totally irrelevant.  As multiple people have told you, he's not had the reps and it's showing.  His timing is clearly off and as a result getting fooled and ending up off-balance  Despite that his peripherals are in line with last year.

You're obviously concerned with this, but as of right now there's really nothing to really delve into.

It sure looks like he wants to use that Japanese swing.