• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Tigers 5/9/2019 ( Fletcher LF) 2K Version

11 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

Trout and Ohtani go yard back to back. You heard it here first! Lets go Halos! 

Who let you out of your casket this early in the day?

Despite the rough outing yesterday, I do think this team has potential (maybe not this season, but in general). Obviously the starting pitching needs an overhaul; Skaggs is junk, and I don't think that will change any time soon.

13 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Fletcher on pace for a 5-WAR season. Probably wont happen, but it isnt difficult seeing him get to 3.5+.

It is remarkable that a team with such a solid core - Trout, Upton, Ohtani, Simmons, Fletcher - is so stuck in mediocrity. 

Up until two days ago it was Trout, Simmons and Fletcher. That's not a solid core. So mediocrity was their high point given the pitching has been even less impressive.

As a side note, Ohtani's first two games back have netted a line of 000/.222/.000/.222. We should probably scratch him from the solid core group until he shakes off the rust and actually gets a hit.

13 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Fletcher on pace for a 5-WAR season. Probably wont happen, but it isnt difficult seeing him get to 3.5+.

It is remarkable that a team with such a solid core - Trout, Upton, Ohtani, Simmons, Fletcher - is so stuck in mediocrity. 

the rotation has an era over 6.  

26 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I find the build of this team to be fascinating. We have a ton of talent in a few positions, and then just miles of dog shit. But, it seems to me like if you replace the dog shit with like...middle of the road players, then suddenly you have a team that looks really compelling (well, that and doing something about starting pitching). We are hoping that our prospects can do at least a decent amount of that.

36 minutes ago, IIIII said:

Dang do the Tigers only have left-handed pitchers? This team still can't hit lefties so enough of this.

I just cannot understand this either.  I've never seen a team that has more problems against left handed pitching than the Angels, and it seems like it's been more than a few seasons.  Sometimes it appears like Kole Calhoun just realized that the big leagues have left handed pitching.  It can be very frustrating watching Angel hitters flail against lefties.