• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 MLB Draft Thread

15 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Baseball America says this draft sucks ass for pitchers. 

I thing tweet you posted from Cooper kinda sums things up well about the pitching in this draft. 

There are no top tier college guys.  Trying to project some of the prep arms is one of the most difficult tasks in the history of the draft.  

What I mean is that this could actually end up a very good draft for pitchers.  But any sort of predictability is out the window because of the lack of really good college guys.  

Anyone see Shea Langeliers 3 hr, 11rbi performance at the regionals the other day?  

looks like he's got a streaky bat but it looks like a very quick bat and plus raw power with good contact.  Best behind the plate in all of college?   

after watching some video, I like the bat more than I expected.   Elite defense.   I am not normally a fan of grabbing a C in the first unless it's with the top few picks.  

I don't think the Halos will bite on him, but I would be good with him as our first pick.  

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Yes.

Did you see his 0-4 today against us as we eliminated his Baylor Bears?

yep.  I knew you'd be looking for me after the last couple days.  loser buys beers after tomorrow?  

sucks because I'm normally a big bruin fan but I gotta stick with my homies.  

I made the squad as a freshman walk on in '90 but they rudolphed me (wouldn't let me play with the others).  Spent two months hitting off a tee and doing soft toss in the cages.  Everyday for 2-3hrs till my hands bled.  Got on the field one time.  Head coach Chris Smith was hitting IF/OF.  Old school.  Not well liked.  They had me in RF because I could throw a bit.  He hit me one that was to simulate a hit to RF through the hole.  I charged and unleashed a laser to 3b on the fly.  Hit the 3bman in the chest but I supposedly missed the cutoff man.  Coaches response was 'You miss the cutoff on my field you run 5 five laps and get the f**k off my field and back the to the cages (pause) I don't even know you're f**king name'.  

My first set of grades were mediocre after spending so much time trying to play ball.  I quit and decided to go pre-med.  

I'm still pissed about it. ?

22 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

yep.  I knew you'd be looking for me after the last couple days.  loser buys beers after tomorrow?  

Deal.

23 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

sucks because I'm normally a big bruin fan but I gotta stick with my homies.  

I feel the same way. LMU was my grad school and 2 of my brothers went to LMU. 

26 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm still pissed about it.

You hide it well.

I’ve kind of decided that I’m rooting for them to get Cavaco.  Cool name.  That’s important to me.  Also they need power hitting infielders.  He feels like a bit of high risk high reward guy from what I’ve read but what the hell.  I’d rather roll with that then some pitcher that might be like a number 4 in the bigs.  

Roll the dice on some big upside prep arms after that. 

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

The MLB draft does nothing for me.  Aside from the occasional top guy, who cares and who knows.  Certainly not me.  The only time I remember having any interest was when the Angels had the 3rd pick and a 6'5" shortstop from UCLA was available.  That worked out well. 

I love following and reading up on the MLB draft. While it's not as exciting as the NFL draft, it's getting pretty close IMO. The MLB Network has done a great job making it special day and has a ton of info on all of the selections, unlike the old days.. 

Besides Glaus, us getting Abbott and Erstad was pretty exciting. 

Though that McKay Christianson pick still stings a little.

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I love following and reading up on the MLB draft. While it's not as exciting as the NFL draft, it's getting pretty close IMO. The MLB Network has done a great job making it special day and has a ton of info on all of the selections, unlike the old days.. 

Besides Glaus, us getting Abbott and Erstad was pretty exciting. 

Though that McKay Christianson pick still stings a little.

I was excited for the 2010 draft.  I remember being in first place right around then.  Having  a few picks in the first couple rounds.